Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mass Effect 3 Wii U has technical issues (No Omega DLC either)

Tagged games:

 



Without question, it has a few issues. This version of ME3 seems a lot less visually stable than, say, the Xbox 360 version -- the frame rate is choppier, the animation seems rougher. The audio suffers, too;
while the music and sound effects have come over fine, all the dialogue has a hollow, echoing quality to it. The GamePad's analog sticks aren't as comfortable as the 360's, and the placement of the face buttons relative to the right stick made me continually miss the melee and reload buttons. My headshot ratio has dropped precipitously. It's tragic.

Now, the Wii U Controller Pro rectifies some of these control issues -- it's pretty much a 360 controller, and it works great. But the problem there is that you lose the GamePad features if you use the Pro, and the GamePad is actually used pretty well here. By default, it serves as a quick skill-select menu or live map display (yes, just like a DS game), and the developers have added some neat details -- for instance, during the prologue sequence, the map display breaks up and distorts momentarily whenever a Reaver in the distance fires an energy blast. There was some actual thought put into this port, which is always nice to see.

The real advantage to the GamePad, however, is the fact that the game looks much better on its smaller screen. I don't know if it's the flaws being obscured by the pad's screen when they're shown more clearly on the higher-performance LCD of an HDTV, or if it's simply a benefit of the pad's lower resolution requiring the system to render fewer polygons, but the game plays noticeably smoother on the GamePad screen. The stiffness of the characters doesn't come across as readily, and the compactness of the visuals makes the environments seem far more beautiful and detailed.

Another trade-off: The Wii U version comes with all the collector's edition exclusive content on-disc already (though not high-end DLC like Leviathan), but much of the subtlety of the game is lost due to the lack of support for Mass Effect 1 and 2 save files. The game kicks off with a 20-minute digital comic that allows you to make key choices to shape the plot, just like the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2, but the most interesting moments in ME3 came as outcomes of smaller choices that aren't included in this prologue. So while you'll still shape the outcome of, say, Tali's major plot arc, you'll never know the pleasure of helping Conrad Verner find true happiness.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9115515 (and via NeoGaf)

-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

---

Edit:

NO Omega DLC available for the Wii-U version

Source:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4895582



Around the Network
Devs, Y U so lazy? :(

My 3DS Friend code is 0877-1237-2177 ...ADD ME! :D

BasilZero said:
-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

 


That's what you get for not playing ME1, ME2 and ME3 on the same system. The choices are important for the course of the game and if you can't make certain choices because they're not included in that comic prologue you won't get the full ME experience. (at least according to those who actually tried to find the differences in the story. I played them all on the same system.)



BasilZero said:
or if it's simply a benefit of the pad's lower resolution requiring the system to render fewer polygons

It still renders the same number of polygons but it has fewer pixels to worry about.

It's like saying the PS3 and X360 render fewer polygons if you hook it up to a SD TV.

 

I know.  Not really relevant to the topic but tech speak gaffes like that bother me.



The rEVOLution is not being televised

Is that Commander Yao Shepard? Genius.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

 


That's what you get for not playing ME1, ME2 and ME3 on the same system. The choices are important for the course of the game and if you can't make certain choices because they're not included in that comic prologue you won't get the full ME experience. (at least according to those who actually tried to find the differences in the story. I played them all on the same system.)


So is it safe to say its best to get the PC version? (making sure cause I wanna get the entire trilogy but when I heard the PS3 version being botched in terms of what DLC is available it is l0l)



BasilZero said:
Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

 


That's what you get for not playing ME1, ME2 and ME3 on the same system. The choices are important for the course of the game and if you can't make certain choices because they're not included in that comic prologue you won't get the full ME experience. (at least according to those who actually tried to find the differences in the story. I played them all on the same system.)


So is it safe to say its best to get the PC version? (making sure cause I wanna get the entire trilogy but when I heard the PS3 version being botched in terms of what DLC is available it is l0l)

I haven't catched up with the latest news of the Trilogy edition, so I really don't know why the PS3 versions sould be inferior now.
Other than that it's either the PC or the 360 version that has everything.

I know the WiiU version comes with some DLCs already in the box, but again this might be the case with the Trilogy edition as well ? I don't know.



Wtf, audio issues?? First time I've heard of something like that for ports.

Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

 


That's what you get for not playing ME1, ME2 and ME3 on the same system. The choices are important for the course of the game and if you can't make certain choices because they're not included in that comic prologue you won't get the full ME experience. (at least according to those who actually tried to find the differences in the story. I played them all on the same system.)


So is it safe to say its best to get the PC version? (making sure cause I wanna get the entire trilogy but when I heard the PS3 version being botched in terms of what DLC is available it is l0l)

I haven't catched up with the latest news of the Trilogy edition, so I really don't know why the PS3 versions sould be inferior now.
Other than that it's either the PC or the 360 version that has everything.

I know the WiiU version comes with some DLCs already in the box, but again this might be the case with the Trilogy edition as well ? I don't know.


The PS3, Xbox360 and PC versions of the Trilogy will all include different DLCs for each version, I think from what I read somewhere or in a topic weeks ago they said the Wii-U version of ME3 will be the version that is more complete than the Trilogy collection's version of ME3 for all three that the trilogy is coming out....



Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

 


That's what you get for not playing ME1, ME2 and ME3 on the same system. The choices are important for the course of the game and if you can't make certain choices because they're not included in that comic prologue you won't get the full ME experience. (at least according to those who actually tried to find the differences in the story. I played them all on the same system.)


So is it safe to say its best to get the PC version? (making sure cause I wanna get the entire trilogy but when I heard the PS3 version being botched in terms of what DLC is available it is l0l)

Yes, PC version all the way. Not the PS3 version as it doesn't have a completely stable framerate and not the 360 version either unless they've fixed ME1 (and unless you buy a 360 ). 



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon