Forums - General Discussion - This happens every 10th of November at 09:05 am

Turkish citizens pay tribute to their savior and leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk on the day of hiss loss in November the 10th 1938 at 09:05 , the minute he closed his eyes to this world , since then on every 10th of November , nationwide , life stops for this minute ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJOhkaElkA




Around the Network
That was cool, but one of those sirens was really creepy and annoying. Who is the savior and what did he do for Turkey?

I remember hearing about Ataturk when I went to Turkey (Marmaris) before we graduated from high school.

Damn reminds me of that alien movie I forgot which one.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

pezus said:
I remember hearing about Ataturk when I went to Turkey (Marmaris) before we graduated from high school.


Oh, no! Where is your hot avatar? The new one is not as good. D=



We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Turkish citizens pay tribute to their savior and leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk on the day of hiss loss in November the 10th 1938 at 09:05 , the minute he closed his eyes to this world , since then on every 10th of November , nationwide , life stops for this minute ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJOhkaElkA


I remember when I went to Turkey on vacations (beautiful country) that people respect Ataturk a lot.

You saw him everywhere and people really look up to him.



Very interesting, I know very little things about Turkey, but after reading a bit, it seems like he was an amazing leader.
And the fact that most people never saw him, demonstrate how strong is his legacy.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Laurel Aitken said:
Turkish said:

Turkish citizens pay tribute to their savior and leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk on the day of hiss loss in November the 10th 1938 at 09:05 , the minute he closed his eyes to this world , since then on every 10th of November , nationwide , life stops for this minute ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJOhkaElkA


I remember when I went to Turkey on vacations (beautiful country) that people respect Ataturk a lot.

You saw him everywhere and people really look up to him.


Yeah, he's basically the guy who saved our country and brought modernity. :)




samuship said:
pezus said:
I remember hearing about Ataturk when I went to Turkey (Marmaris) before we graduated from high school.


Oh, no! Where is your hot avatar? The new one is not as good. D=

I'm now living the thug life. So sorry. Maybe she'll be back one day!



Around the Network
happydolphin said:
That was cool, but one of those sirens was really creepy and annoying. Who is the savior and what did he do for Turkey?

He was the driving force behind the Young Turk movement which arose in the Ottoman Empire before the First World War and advocated for modernization/revitilization of the empire that was known as "The Sick Man of Europe" (forgetting that Europe had three "sick men" at the time, Russia and Austria were tottering as well). Ataturk helped usher out the monarchy when the Ottomans lost World War I, defended the country from a joint Greek/British/French/Caucasian effort to destroy Turkey after the first world war, then went on to enforce secularization, flipped their country off of the Arabic alphabet and onto the Roman one, and brought the first democracy to the near East

Just don't ever mention the word Armenia.



Thanks for making voice acting an a-list pastime.

I wish I were a bird!