So far this year, every single month software has been down YoY according to NPD. Will this November be able to change that streak.
Last year's November NPD, total software = $1.74billion
Top 10 software
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, WII, PC)** Activision Blizzard 8.99 million
2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC)** Bethesda Softworks - 2.8 million
3. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)** Electronic Arts
4. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360, PS3, PC) Ubisoft - ~1.26 million
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360) Ubisoft
6. Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2)** Electronic Arts
7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)** Sony - 700k
8. Saints Row: The Third (360, PS3, PC)** THQ
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (WII) ** Nintendo
10. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)** Warner Bros. Interactive
Big games this year.
- Black Ops 2 should sell at least somewhat close to MW3 numbers. 8mil+
- Halo 4 should handily outsell Skyrim. Halo 3 and Halo Reach managed around 4mil opening months and they launched September. Halo 4 is launching right in the middle of the holidays so I think 4.5mil+ is very possible, assuming it ends up selling about as well as Halo Reach.
- Assassin's Creed III should be massive in America. I think it will sell 2mil+ first month considering all the hype and that it will have a full month of sales. (Coming out October 30th which NPD counts towards November)
- Madden NFL 13 is tracking ahead of 12 according to EA, at least for now.
- First holiday month for Just Dance 4, New Super Mario Bros 3ds, and Pokemon Black/White 2. Possible that they will each have near 1mil sales for november.
- Wii U launch title sales could add a couple of million sales.
- Need for Speed Most Wanted could repeat Hot Pursuit's strong performance and will have a full month of sales.
- NBA 2k13 should have a very good November considering there is no lockout this year.
- Hitmen Absolution, WWE 13, LittlebigPlanet Karting, Playstation All Stars, Paper Mario 3ds, Harvest Moon 3ds, Sports Champion 2 are all coming out November/Last day of October and should each sell between 100k-600k.
- Resident Evil 6, Medal of Honor Warband, Forza Horizon, and Dance Central 3 could all potentially have decent second months.