When I saw this excellent thread yesterday, I thought: Why must we always limit ourselves to PS3 vs. 360? Why do we not include Wii? So, I made this thread to hopefully make it easier for you to compare and contrast the highest selling 3rd party exclusives on the PS3 vs. the Wii. Do the results surprise you?
|PS3 3rd Party Exclusives:||Wii 3rd Party Exclusives:|
|Modern Warfare 2 - 10.01m||Just Dance 2 - 9.26m|
|GTA IV - 9.28m||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 7.19m|
|Battlefield 3 - 5.76m||Just Dance - 6.79|
|Metal Gear Solid 4 - 5.67m||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - 4.28m|
|Assassin's Creed II - 5.03m||Carnival Games - 3.89m|
|Red Dead Redemption - 4.90m||EA Sports Active - 3.81m|
|Final Fantasy XIII - 4.86m||Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic Games 2012 - 3.11m|
|Resident Evil 5 - 4.74m||Cooking Mama: Cook Off - 2.81m|
|Assassin's Creed - 4.42m||Disney Epic Mickey - 2.66|
|Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 4.09m||Sonic and the Secret Rings - 2.55m|
- The top 10 selling 3rd party exclusives sold 58.76m on PS3 and 46.35m on Wii. That's a difference of 12.41m
- PS3 top 10 has 8 franchises. Wii has 8 (or 7 if you count Mario & Sonic with Sonic)
- PS3's 9th highest selling 3rd party exclusive sold more than WIi's 4th highest selling
- Assassin's Creed is a huge presence on the PS3 list
- 7/10 games on the Wii list are Dance/Sports/Fitness games.
- 6/10 games on the PS3 list include shooting in their gameplay in a major way
- Sonic is still popular!
**BY EXCLUSIVE I MEAN GAMES
THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON
THE OPPOSING CONSOLE