Quantcast
Just Cause 2 Demo - Absolutely Amazing

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just Cause 2 Demo - Absolutely Amazing

I totally agree,
I was playing the demo earlier today, I got in a helicopter, flew wayyy up high, then bailed out.
I was flying through the air as my empty helicopter was doing the same.

Then I attempted to grapling hook the falling helicopter as we both spiraled back down to earth, (just like in Goldeneye when he is flying after the plane), I almost had it but had to pull the parachute just before I hit the ground.

As I did this, the helicopter erupted into a large explosion beneath my feet, I came spiraling out of the explosion attached to my parachute only to be presented with a huge firefight of enemies below.

The game has completely blown my mind, can't wait to buy it.



̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.


Around the Network

It's going to be a 75-81 metascore game... I've played the demo and didn't like that much.



libellule said:

huh ... no, ... I was not sure it was worth indeed.

isnt it just a shooter ?

It's a sandbox shooter with the best gimmick in the history of sandbox shooters. You at least need to try it out, and learn how to fly.



This is invisible text!

Necromunda said:
Spedfrom said:
I thought the demo was horrid.

Haha would be nice if you could elaborate as to why :P

Let's see if I can pinpoint something... The graphics were unsatisfactory, the gameplay felt shallow and imprecise (eg: driving was painful), although blowing up things with grenades to create chaos points was the best part of the demo.

It just felt like a generic third party experience with no focus, really. Since I like my games polished and purposeful, I put this one down very quickly.



Spedfrom said:

Let's see if I can pinpoint something... The graphics were unsatisfactory, the gameplay felt shallow and imprecise (eg: driving was painful), although blowing up things with grenades to create chaos points was the best part of the demo.

It just felt like a generic third party experience with no focus, really. Since I like my games polished and purposeful, I put this one down very quickly.

I thought the graphics were great, because of the amazing draw distance. Otherwise, I mostly agree with you. Shaky and imprecise controls (driving IS painful), lack of focus, rather shallow. But I loved the freedom of it. The freedom of space. You can basically fly, with the grapple and the parachute. There is no need whatsoever to get into a ground based vehicle, and I usually play through the demo without getting into one.

You can get anywhere almost instantly with the grapple, so you don't have to walk either. And hijacking enemy choppers is fun, despite the quick time events. And the game only tells you where to go or what to do during missions. In between it's up to you how to best cause Chaos on the island.



This is invisible text!

Around the Network

I had no interest in the game until I played the demo. It's awesome like San Andreas was, massive and you can do what you want without realism stunting your fun.

On one playthrough I just coasted around the place with my parachute, using the grappling hook to keep my speed going.

The people comparing it to Far Cry or just a 3rd person shooter, or complaining about the cars driving badly ARE PLAYING IT WRONGLY! Grapple + chute nuff said.



I love Just Cause 2 demo. Love it. Have played it several times already.

I even did the Time Glitch and traveled all over the map. I was onjly going to rent this game, but now Im going to buy as soon as it comes out.

Tethering enemies is so much fun. Blowing stuff up, jumping from helicopters, this game is awesome.

PS - This game is so blatantly against the laws of physics that if you jump from a plane and fall without the parachute, but grapple the floor when you are close enough, you wont suffer any damage

I love this game.



www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
I love Just Cause 2 demo. Love it. Have played it several times already.

I even did the Time Glitch and traveled all over the map. I was onjly going to rent this game, but now Im going to buy as soon as it comes out.

Tethering enemies is so much fun. Blowing stuff up, jumping from helicopters, this game is awesome.

PS - This game is so blatantly against the laws of physics that if you jump from a plane and fall without the parachute, but grapple the floor when you are close enough, you wont suffer any damage

I love this game.

Time glitch?! :o tell me moar!



having played just cause 1 and loved it,i was pleasantly suprsoed at the demo.Again the story probably wont be good,but thats not the point.For me its all baout doing insane stunts and just having as much fun as possible.For me its just like being in the most breathtaking action film ever.Apperently the ps3 version will ship with some sort of camera,so sounds amazing.



"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

 

Theo said:
marciosmg said:
I love Just Cause 2 demo. Love it. Have played it several times already.

I even did the Time Glitch and traveled all over the map. I was onjly going to rent this game, but now Im going to buy as soon as it comes out.

Tethering enemies is so much fun. Blowing stuff up, jumping from helicopters, this game is awesome.

PS - This game is so blatantly against the laws of physics that if you jump from a plane and fall without the parachute, but grapple the floor when you are close enough, you wont suffer any damage

I love this game.

Time glitch?! :o tell me moar!

Ok. Here's how. Play the demo normally.

When it give you the countdown when time is up (as in 10,9,8....1,0) wait until it goes to 1 then press the XMB button.

Now you have to be fast. Press the XMB button again. The game is gonna be paused. Press X to Resume Game and with the speed of Hermes (lol) press the XMB button again. You have to be really fast so you only see yourself on the game for a frame.

Now repeat it till when you see the frame and look where the countdown is it says 0 instead of 1. Do it like 3 or so more times just to be sure.

There now you cn play all you want and go whenver you want.

3 things:

1) If you die, demo is over. The price you pay, lol.

2) If you go far from the demo area, everything will be empty and really really low-texture. If you go farther there wont be even ground to stand on. Use a plane to look around.

The developers kinda of deleted it so the demo file size wouldnt be too big.

3) You have to be really fast with the button pressing to get the glitch to work.



www.jamesvandermemes.com