ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD, AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT. YOU CAN AND WILL BE MODERATED FOR SPAM IF YOU DELIBERATELY BREAK THE RULES WITHIN THE THREAD. PLEASE READ THE RULES. THANKS! /capslock
Welcome to the 6th Annual Greatest Games Event! On November 12th, there will be 50 days before the end of the year. And to celebrate, gamrConnect will be posting their 50 favorite games of all time, one game a day until we hit December 31st and post our favorite games ever!
This thread is for those who have signed up (you may still sign up and participate! It's never too late to join in on the fun!) and have created a list of 50 Games to post. Each and every list will be compiled here in this thread, so good luck, have fun, and enjoy showing the games that have defined you as a gamer!
Please take your time to read the rules and act accordingly to the guidelines I have laid out for creating your list.
Click here for the Discussion Thread
Want to Join the Fun? Click Here for the Sign Up Thread!
- November 12th will be the 50th day before the end of the 2015 year.
- Starting on November 12th, you will begin to post your All Time Top 50 Games. This includes games on ALL systems (including mobile!) and ALL generations.
- For each day that passes, you will post one more game.
- For Example: On the 50th Day (November 12th) you will post your 50th Favorite Game.
- On the 49th Day (November 13th) you will post your 49th Favorite Game.
- Etc. Etc.
- Your final and favorite game of all time should be posted on December 31st, the last day of the year.
What Games Can You Pick?:
- I'm afraid I won't be allowing games that have been released after October 31st, 2015.
- This means no XenoBlade Chronicles X, Fallout 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Star Wars: Battlefront, or any gamet that releases after October 31st. Sorry, but there's always next year for these games!
- Please do not add Game Collections, Compilations, and the like.
- Games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, Halo: Master Chief Collection, and The Orange Box will not be allowed.
- Please choose single, stand alone games for your Top 50.
- Remakes, Remasters, and the like are fine to put into your list.
- However, when possible, remasters and most remakes should be included with the original game.
- For Example, you cannot enter "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)" and "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)" as seperate entries into your list.
- Please enter it as the following: "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64/3DS)".
- If a remake offers enough unique content to seperate itself from its older title (Prominent examples include Resident Evil (GCN) and Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)), then it can be counted as a stand alone game.
- This works on a game by game basis. If you're not sure on whether a remake does enough to be counted as a separate game, ask me!
- Game Expansions and DLC Content should be included with the original game.
- Example: StarCraft: Brood War should be included with StarCraft as one entry.
- Example: Mario Kart 8 DLC content should be included with Mario Kart 8 as one entry.
Making Your List (and Checking it Twice!):
- On November 11th (the day before we begin), I will create the Official Thread, where you will enter your list.
- YOU WILL ONLY POST ONCE in the official thread. This will be your one personal post where you will edit your list daily.
- I repeat, you will ONLY POST ONCE.
- Each day you will post one game from your top 50 list. Going from your 50th favorite game (November 12th) to your #1 favorite game (December 31st).
- Remember, descending order.
- Don't worry if you miss a day or even a week. If you do, all you need to do is post the appropriate number of games in your list to catch up with the rest of us.
- For example, if you're seven days behind, the post the seven games to catch up.
- Please include the system(s) that you played the game on.
- Example: Ninjabread Man (Wii), or for multiple consoles: Okami (PlayStation 2/Wii)
- For your list in the Official Thread, please DO NOT include any descriptions or images. Keep your list clean, concise, and to the point.
- We'll have a Discussion Thread where you can discuss your favorite games all you want. So save your descriptions, images, and hotlinks for there.
- It's alright if you have a change of heart and want to change a few games around during your time with this event.
- As long as you make the changes in your list before December 31st, it's perfectly allowed.
- Remember, your ONE POST in the Official Thread is where you'll make your list and edit your games in.
How You Can Help Ol' Smeags Out:
- Whether you want to go day by day with each game, or even if you dont have the time but still want to submit a list... you can help me out!
- I'd really appreciate it if you PM'ed me your entire top 50 list AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The earlier I have it, the earlier I can get to work for the celebration event!
- HOWEVER: The list you send me is the list I'll use. I'm too impatient to receive 3 revisions!
- Again, I'd really appreciate if you sent me a PM of your top 50 List As Soon As Possible! Thank you!
- Either PM me or contact me on my wall. I'll try to get back to you ASAP. ^_^