By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD4 graphics - not that good?

Thought it looked decent...but I don't know the powerhouse on it because my PC can run it. Which is alright by today's standard...my PC couldn't run the Bioshock Demo if that gives any degree of comparison. I'm waiting to see if my PC can run Gears of War...they just need a demo first.

Around the Network

Unreal Engine usually does a good job of scaling down on lower end computers and still managing to run pretty decent. I have cod4 for 360, and I havent played anything quite as addicting in a long while. Also, I downloaded the demo for PC and it ran surprisingly well, albeit only in 1024 and 1280 res, with 2x aa on, and with most everything turned up to 2nd highest or highest quality, and my pc is 2 years old, but it was the top of the line when I got it. It looks even better on the pc I would have to say, but there are certain things in the 360 version that definitely look prettier. I think the higher resolution was what really made the pc version look better, or sharper would be a better term, but the game still stuns on the box.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Its no Crysis indeed.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I think the Ghillie videos set way too high a bar for this game and it will never live up to those expectations.

Cue Halo 3 complaints here...

Let's face it. No game will live up to its E3, TGS, Leizpig, E4 All, TGS, etc. showings and just enjoy the fucking game for what it is.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
I think the Ghillie videos set way too high a bar for this game and it will never live up to those expectations.

Cue Halo 3 complaints here...

Let's face it. No game will live up to its E3, TGS, Leizpig, E4 All, TGS, etc. showings and just enjoy the fucking game for what it is.

Actually, I never seen any TGS viddeos of the game.us Infact, I seen very little prior to playing.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

CoD4 looks worse overall then RFoM and that was a launch title still using some of the stuff to make PS2 games. The textures in CoD4 are early PS2 at best, from far away they look good but get up close its just massive pixels. The Native resolution of the game is also subpar.

One of the things this games does get right is smoke on the map, the war setting seems to be really good too.

I still love the game, its just a launch title at best. I logged out last night in the top 1k for kills, i will be in the top 500 at the end of tonight if the online is working.

It looks great.

The game looks really good.
But I may only think so because when I'm playing, I don't really focus on the wall textures.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

.....Go.....Play.......Death from Above............before you make a comment about graphics.

Most photorealistic level in a game I ever played. Had my 60 year old dad on the edge of his seat watching the effects from the AC-130.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Yeah, the upclose textures suck, especially the rubble and the leaves in All ghilied up (although an incredible level, really atmospheric keeping you on the edge of your seat), but from a far, with surround sound on a HDTV it is an amazing all round experience, but if you graphics, play Uncharted

add me