By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Gamer Re-Born due to Mario

siren said:

Hello everyone. This is Siren (been a part of a few of VGChartz.com's Roundtables and other editorials).

So, through some great luck and a little bit of skill, I managed to land myself an early copy of Super Mario Galaxy and wrote up a few impressions. To be honest, this is the title that I am going to finally buy a Wii for.

Please take a read (and Digg if you can). If you have any questions about Super Mario Galaxy, I would love to answer them.

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/A_Gamer_Re_Born_due_to_Mario

Great article dude. I think I know how you feel. I have been playing VG since the Atari era and I never became a lapsed gamer. Even so, I feel that the joy of playing games is not the same. When you finally play a game like Mario Galaxy it is like you see the light. What I have been doing all these years? 

I just hope MG won`t spoil me. 

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

thanks for the impressions Siren, loved them

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

That being said, the two genres that have not really gone back to in recent years are platformers (in the most pure sense) and puzzle adventures in the vein of King's Quest. The later is primarily because they do not exist these days, for all intents and purposes. The genre has died off entirely and no one seems in a hurry to resurrect it.

You really need to play Zack & Wiki.