By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Evidence for Mass Effect on PS3

I lol'ed when GTA4 DLC was being rumored for ps3 and 360 fans wer defending it wont happen then It got announced the following day and suddenly became so quiet like nothing happened,was the same thing happened when Bioshock was being denied for ps3? defend defend defend then comes the official announcement puff 360 fans never mentioned it ever again......

Around the Network

If you make up enough rumours eventually you will get one right. It doesn't mean you will get luck again though.

sieanr said:
Rpruett said:
sieanr said:

Except Bioware and MS had a contract guaranteeing the series exclusive. What the details of that contract were aren't public, but getting out of it is likely costly.

And money isn't the only thing at play here. EA porting ME to the PS3 would sour relations with MS considerably. Given how closely the companies have worked in the past - madden at 60fps on 360, madden being shown off at MS E3 press conference, ect = I can't see them endangering the relationship for what will likely be a negligible profit. Remember whos the head of EA Sports now?

As for the 'codes' on the disc, Unreal is a multiplatform engine that mass effect is built off of. Epic games created it with a whole bunch of code for all 3 platforms. Oftentimes a good amount of that is just left over since its more of a pain to remove then just keep. You'd be surprised by how much unused data you can find in a typical game.

Really?  They have a contract guaranteeing the series exclusive?  Got any proof of that?    Got any proof of who owns the rights to the IP?   Face it, you don't know anymore than the rest of us the status of the Mass Effect franchise.

Who cares if EA porting ME to the PS3 would "sour" relations with MS considerably?  Do you think Microsoft will PASS UP chances to bring a what (Currently 96 Metacritic game) to their system?  Ofcourse not.    Their relationship is strictly a business one.    Madden on PS3/360 were at 60FPS.  When they weren't (360-60/ PS3-30) was the first iterations of the PS3 madden it was just lazy to not do it.      Microsoft and EA's relationship has absolutely no bearing on this decision unless Microsoft is money hatting out of their minds.

I'm very well aware that the Unreal engine is in use for Mass Effect.  What I'm not well aware of, is why 'specific'  Mass Effect 2 codes are being found on a general engine?  Do these codes appear in Mass Effect 1 or for that matter any other Unreal engine based game?   If not?  Why?

At a very minimum these codes would go to show that Mass Effect 2 was a strong candidate to come to the PS3 and while it doesn't guarantee that it's coming...It provides a strong indication that it might be on the way in the near future and acting like EA / Bioware have no motive whatsoever for bringing to the PS3 is laughable at best.

No they don't. Likely they just used Epics toolset for ME2, and that automatically added strings for PS3 code.

And yes, buisness agreements are generally just business. But you have to take a longview on things, and often interpersonal relationships trump face-value economics - as crazy as that sounds. 100k in profits doesn't make sense if it jeprodizes 300k MS is likely to give you in kickbacks later on, not to mention that the gaming industry is littered with personal grievences beating out obvious economic gain. Take FF7 for example.

Oh, and look at all the articles pointing to an exclusive contract after EA bought Bioware.

Just face it: ME2 is the 360s MGS4. But atleast the PS3 has the money dumps know as L.A. Noire (sic) and Heavy Rain.

So you're trying to convince me that Epics toolset references SPECIFIC items that are contained within Mass Effect?    

m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007

Business is business.  Console manufacturers are in many cases at the whim of the Game developers not the other way around and especially in the case of EA.  (Who provides many, many quality titles that are deal breakers for people owning a specific console or not).   And at the end of the day, it will come down to dollars and cents.   If EA can benefit more by making the game multi-platform (Moreso than it already is)  than they will do so. 

Just face it :  No one knows the specifics of that contract and can't say otherwise until we do.   Currently ME is the PS3s Metal Gear (But let's not forget that Metal is appearing on the 360 now).

Ping_ii said:
I lol'ed when GTA4 DLC was being rumored for ps3 and 360 fans wer defending it wont happen then It got announced the following day and suddenly became so quiet like nothing happened,was the same thing happened when Bioshock was being denied for ps3? defend defend defend then comes the official announcement puff 360 fans never mentioned it ever again......

Yeah, that was just as funny as when FF13 was announced for 360. Except some sony fans threatend to sell their PS3s, and made petitions because they were so butthurt.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Sony basically said what MS plan is on the release of mass effect 2.they said they want to pay for timed exclusivity.

I can guarantee that Mass effect 2 WILL be announced for PS3.

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Ping_ii said:

Yeah, that was just as funny as when FF13 was announced for 360. Except some sony fans threatend to sell their PS3s, and made petitions because they were so butthurt.

it's ok don't cry it's just a game and nature of this industry.PS3 is healthy and most of 3rd parties want their games on it. :D

you can be sure that mass effect will be announced for PS3.this scenario is just like bioshock.

SpartanFX said:I can guarantee that Mass effect 2 WILL be announced for PS3.

Really? Why?

So you work in the game industry? Does your uncle have insider knowledge? Are you willing to risk a fair bit of money to illustrate your confidence?

I'll guarantee Killzone 3 is an Xbox 720 exclusive, but since I type under a psuedonymn on the internet, its a pretty meaningless gesture.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:

Really? Why?

So you work in the game industry? Does your uncle have insider knowledge? Are you willing to risk a fair bit of money to illustrate your confidence?

I'll guarantee Killzone 3 is an Xbox 720 exclusive, but since I type under a psuedonymn on the internet, its a pretty meaningless gesture.

don't act so normal once it is announced .act surprised, cause your stance is that it will not happen.

it's funny .when it will get announced, then people like you act so normal and pretend taht it was given /ex[ected all along despite arguing to death against it before it happened.

sieanr said:
Ping_ii said:

HAHAHA yeh least they didn't act like nothing happened at all.

SpartanFX said:
sieanr said:

Really? Why?

don't act so normal once it is announced .act surprised, cause your stance is that it will not happen.

it's funny .when it will get announced, then people like you act so normal and pretend taht it was given /ex[ected all along despite arguing to death against it before it happened.

Better than acting like a pussy and promsing to protest the developer.

If it gets announced for PS3 than no skin off my back. The system could use more quality games. I have no personal interest in wether or not it happens, and lose no money: and thus no reason to act any different.

But some people take such petty, inpersonal losses seriously, since it damages their conceptions of self - which is rather pathetically derived from the products and media they consume, aka video game systems.