By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Uncharted 2 make a profit?

no I didn't so instead of 18-20 they probably get 30+, so yeah they maybe a bunch of money on it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Retailers just get about 33% of the game price, so Uncharted 2 must have made a profit easily already

Most HD games nowadays make profits by selling 1 million copies, there are rare exceptions like MW2, GTAIV, MGS4; those games must sell more than 2 times that to make a profit...

Yes I think it will have.

Uncharted 2 will be well into profit and of course Uncharted 1 would have done very well for ND too. Even allowing for the larger games library and fairly rapid stream of titles now, looking at how much Uncharted 2 is outperforming Uncharted unless it dies overnight its final LTD should be very nice. Plus given most people/reviewers found Uncharted 2 better than the first it's pretty much a sure thing number 3 will do very well, too.

Also, with ND status they will have got a nice share of the pie as others have pointed out.

Oh, and a chart, because I've noticed no one seems to use them anymore!

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Uncharted+2+-+PS3[28733]&reg2=All&game2=Uncharted%3A+Drake%27s+Fortune+-+PS3[12778]&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

One thing i want to say is yes since they worked with 20mil on 1 and 2 and they greatly improved over the 2 with the same budget after all if not money the game broke through records like the graphics are amazing,and it achieved great accomplishments like beating over moderwarfare 2 in game of the year for example

Around the Network

i should hope so,they need to get out of the gaming business if they haven't

i sometimes wonder if anyone thinks there is any money to be made in the gaming business,which of course there is and lots of it

UC 1 & 2 will sell 6m easily between them,i'd say that's a healthy profit unless i've gone mad all of a sudden

Above & Beyond

Retailers get 20% but most of the time its even lower than that 7-8 Dollars like somone mentioned before is correct. In No way 33% just ask someone who works at wallmart mediamarkt or whatever.