By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Uncharted 2 To Cinematic For It's Own Good?.... I Think So!

Someone's mad that their favorite game didn't get praised enough last year. If he actually paid attention to the game he'd realize almost every complaint he had was wrong. Douche.

Around the Network

agree...to some degree

chingrin said:
So...... You didn't like the game but you played through it twice? That's like Eating all of a steak and sending back an empty plate and trying not to pay for it because you didn't like how it was cooked. Dude You know it's a great game. It got High marks even from competing camps. I think you just wanted to add your 2 cents. Well you did and the game is still great.

i wanted the platnium trophy

its great but its not the best made in the last 10yrs like many say it is to me its a average 8-8.5 campaign

Play Me

Come on guys, when a game wins over 100 GOTY awards, there's bound to be haters/idiots who want to call the gameplay generic, story crap, action sequences shallow, controls broken, overrated BLAH BLAH BLAH etc.

This 'writing piece' (although that might be a disservice to other writing pieces) simply reinforces the fact that haters gonna hate.

How many threads is this from you now about U:2 sucking. Get over it already, everyone knows how you feel about it.

Around the Network
patapon said:
Come on guys, when a game wins over 100 GOTY awards, there's bound to be haters/idiots who want to call the gameplay generic, story crap, action sequences shallow, controls broken, overrated BLAH BLAH BLAH etc.

This 'writing piece' (although that might be a disservice to other writing pieces) simply reinforces the fact that haters gonna hate.

LOL this!!!

BHR-3 said:
as u all know im a sony only fan so theres no hate idk know why U2 campaign had so much hype after the game was released in my opinion i feel that they went 1 step forward but 2 steps backward in U2s campaign

it was at times painful when i went through my 2nd play through of the game i cant say that about the first

@ Swtchmob21 did you not read the article
"Uncharted 2 also was a cinematic experience sometimes, with dazzling action set pieces that were more for the eye than the thumbs"

Hello gamers are people who play games not watch them

Ok. That's your opinion. Uncharted 2 is a great game, but yes, for the 15 hours it gave you about playing, I rushed to get quickly to the cutscenes. The gameplay isn't in itself something really awesome, it's just generic gunfights. The graphics and the setting made this game great, not the gameplay.

I think people forget how vital actually playing* the game is to the cinematic feel. You move through the campaign and get thrown into the most advanced and amazing set pieces ever created, along with superbly cinematic camera angles and possibly a character or 2 to share intelligent and funny dialog with.

Take the train sequence for instance. The sheer detail in... well, EVERYTHING creates a truly "WOW" moment. Going forward, you feel the bumps of an unstable object moving through the jungle and into the Himalayas. Around the train is a lush environment reinforced with some of the best graphical detail this side of Crysis. From the superb jumping animations, to the slowdowns Drake faces in a stealth situation, to the challenge of trying to get to that damn Chloe, to having the ability to utilize different approves and strategies, to the too of 2 two, the train sequence alone creates a cinematic feel in its own right.

Many moments in Uncharted 2 simply can't be created with mere cut scenes... and if that's all that kept you playing... then perhaps the game wasn't for you...

So can we please stop hating on the game? BHR-3, you have "I Hate Uncharted 2's Campaign A lot!" in your sig. I mean seriously dude...

I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but I think the graphics have made people think it's better then it really is.

The cutscenes were great, short, helpped to tell the story, and served another main purpose...something to watch while it's loading the next area, so you never see a loading screen.