By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

The_vagabond7 said:
Dear god I hate chapter 13. It is so fucking cheap. I thought I was well leveled going into this end game. Lightning with around 1600-1700 AT, Hope with about 1700-1800 magic, Vanille using a healing staff, and magic around 1400, everybodies HP 5500-7000, and I am getting my ass kicked in cheap fight after cheap fight. 3 guys casting death non stop and debilitating my characters, while 3 or 4 fish monsters with haste/brave/faith/veil all dash back and forth constantly knocking all of my characters in the air. The last fight, I didn't even get to do anything. I got to caste haste on one character, and lightning got to attack once, and after that everybody was just floating in the air until we were dead. I am reeeaaally hating this last chapter.

At my level do I even have a shot at the last boss, is this hinting to me that I need to have everybody's natural crystariums maxed at level 9 before even trying? Everybody has one maxed level 9, and almost maxed their second level 9. This seemed good. I was wrong.

Yep, chapter 13 can be a pain sometimes, especially the fights with the Velocipeds and Sanctum Troopers >_>

Final boss isn't much about leveling up Crystarium 9 to the max, it's more about having an insane amount of Death resistance to your main character because he likes to spam an OHKO that seems to always hit your MC >_< 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Dear god I hate chapter 13. It is so fucking cheap. I thought I was well leveled going into this end game. Lightning with around 1600-1700 AT, Hope with about 1700-1800 magic, Vanille using a healing staff, and magic around 1400, everybodies HP 5500-7000, and I am getting my ass kicked in cheap fight after cheap fight. 3 guys casting death non stop and debilitating my characters, while 3 or 4 fish monsters with haste/brave/faith/veil all dash back and forth constantly knocking all of my characters in the air. The last fight, I didn't even get to do anything. I got to caste haste on one character, and lightning got to attack once, and after that everybody was just floating in the air until we were dead. I am reeeaaally hating this last chapter.

At my level do I even have a shot at the last boss, is this hinting to me that I need to have everybody's natural crystariums maxed at level 9 before even trying? Everybody has one maxed level 9, and almost maxed their second level 9. This seemed good. I was wrong.

Yep, chapter 13 can be a pain sometimes, especially the fights with the Velocipeds and Sanctum Troopers >_>

Final boss isn't much about leveling up Crystarium 9 to the max, it's more about having an insane amount of Death resistance to your main character because he likes to spam an OHKO that seems to always hit your MC >_< 

great, and I don't have any accessories with death resistance, nor can I seem to purchase one. I looked after getting OHKOed by one of the sacrifices.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

KylieDog said:
I've never been 1 hit killed in this game by death and I've never used resistances for it. You all have sucky luck.

Or you have too much luck xD

Plus, did the Neochu that you defeated came with 5 starting Picochu's or did they came later into the fight? They are even more annoying than the Neochu itself >_>

Plus, the other Neochu must be in Faultwarrens, so you are way ahead of me XD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Actually I can buy death resistance, I just looked in the wrong store, oops.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Ahahahah, so nice. Even with Improved Debilitation II, I can't get a Death on Neochu XD So much for random, it's more like nigh impossible :P

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Just gave up on my Death strategy and went for a Tortoise + Affliction + Combat Clinic + Protection method.

Once the picochus are out of the equation the fight goes much smoothly. Just have to be careful to stagger him before he gets to 50%, or else the other 8 picochus are murder >_

Current PC Build

KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
I've never been 1 hit killed in this game by death and I've never used resistances for it. You all have sucky luck.

Or you have too much luck xD

Plus, did the Neochu that you defeated came with 5 starting Picochu's or did they came later into the fight? They are even more annoying than the Neochu itself >_>

Plus, the other Neochu must be in Faultwarrens, so you are way ahead of me XD 

It was one of the Titan mission stone marks.  Its just by itself at the start, summons enemies mid way though, things kind of turned into a clusterf*** at this point, not sure how I killed them and survived the scream attack.  You cannot use a shroud to instant stagger it either.

Well brace yourself for mission 55. Those enemies are right there from the start too >_< And mid way he can summon more. If you're not careful, you'll end up fighting 9 enemies, which is too much to handle, even with Tortoise all around.

Current PC Build

Hey guys, So I just unlocked the weapon upgrade ability. Should I wait until I get stronger weapons to upgrade or should I start now. Thanks

OK, so I've spent 7 hours on Chapter 11 so far (fucking awesome, I'm gonna spend a ton of time here) and I just got my first C mission.

Is the difficulty spike too much?

Fang has mid 600 for str, Light has around 560 str and 300-400 mag, and hope has 600 mag. They all have mid 2K HP.

And when should I move on to Oerba? Is it when I am able to kill King Behemoths easily (they're bastards, I can only win with pre-emptive strike)?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

OK, so I've spent 7 hours on Chapter 11 so far (fucking awesome, I'm gonna spend a ton of time here) and I just got my first C mission.

Is the difficulty spike too much?

Fang has mid 600 for str, Light has around 560 str and 300-400 mag, and hope has 600 mag. They all have mid 2K HP.

And when should I move on to Oerba? Is it when I am able to kill King Behemoths easily (they're bastards, I can only win with pre-emptive strike)?

Missions C aren't very tough, only later ones are more of a challenge, but nothing you can't handle. Just try to improve your stats a bit more, it seems that you're on the beginning of Crystarium 8 if i'm correct. 

You should move to Oerba when you have about 3.5K HP for your characters, just to be safe.

@Clavelle

You shouldn't bother with weapon upgrades just yet, not until you have at least a few low EXP items so you can build up x1.25->x1.5->x1.75->x2->x3 chains, in order to maximize EXP gained by high EXP items. Chapter 4/5 are the best ones to start building up your weapons 

Current PC Build