By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
Okay, I don't see what trouble were the Scale beast causing for people, I defeated all three of them with 5 stars rating without trouble...

the problem wasn't beating them, it was the "time" it was gonna take

I got bored lol

I just kept vanille on medic & sazh kept attacking.

How long did that take? o_O

I average 1:30 minutes defeating them pre-emptive, 2 minutes normal. Just use RAV/RAV until you stagger them, then SAB/SYN to put Deprotect, Deshell and Poison on Scalebeast and Faith + Bravery on Vanille and Sazh. After that is plain profit, as each Fire does over 1000 to the Scalebeast XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
Okay, I don't see what trouble were the Scale beast causing for people, I defeated all three of them with 5 stars rating without trouble...

I got bored lol

I average 1:30 minutes defeating them pre-emptive, 2 minutes normal. Just use RAV/RAV until you stagger them, then SAB/SYN to put Deprotect, Deshell and Poison on Scalebeast and Faith + Bravery on Vanille and Sazh. After that is plain profit, as each Fire does over 1000 to the Scalebeast XD

hmm I never used SAB/SYN to do those things u did

I just use commander & medic when I play.....lol

@wagram

patience....its the best chapter so far!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

By using Libra on him when he's stagger, you'll learn that he's weak to Deprotect, Deshell and Poison when he's staggered. Those debuffs stay even when they get their carapace back on xD

I've been using lot's of different paradigms. RAV/RAV is my favourite, followed by SAB/RAV, MED/COM and COM/RAV

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Lool at the FFVII reference of the name of Euride Gorge's Fal'Cie XD

Current PC Build

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

I got bored lol

@wagram

Dart dont play like that! there are some awesome strategies if you use every role. btw your job is too get the weapons as powerful as possible its easier if you start upgrading from everybody 1st weapon which is actually the most balanced.. Snow and Light are doing incredible damage right

Around the Network

Lol that cutscene was awesome, well worth that torture.

Linblum FFIX reverence!!!

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

I got bored lol

@wagram

Dart dont play like that! there are some awesome strategies if you use every role. btw your job is too get the weapons as powerful as possible its easier if you start upgrading from everybody 1st weapon which is actually the most balanced.. Snow and Light are doing incredible damage right

I did it when I had sazh & lightning in 1 team, I put sazh into synergist so he used braver on lightning

but after that I never used synergist

I never knew using libra on them when they are staggered gives weakpoints

hmmm.....there's much more depth tot he combat than I realized....no wonder I've been taking AGES killing some enemies!

@lestatdark

thanks for the tip....cus when they are in stagger I usually attack as much as I can.....but I'll use libra from now on.....I didn't know using it when they are staggered gave you more info! lol

VGCritic Update coming up

Now that's what I'm talking about. The Wyvern enemies are actually tough XD

Current PC Build

Wagram said:
Lol that cutscene was awesome, well worth that torture.

All the enemies died quite quickly for me actually (in chptr 7)

were u using strategic combinations of the paradigm shift system?!