By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy Hell hardware adjustments!

numonex said:
Fanboy meltdown on VGC. Damage control by some fans. But will there be more sales adjustments made?

Yes, there are fanboy meltdowns. But it's much more than that! It's about reliability of VGC data now. 2mil 360's in shelves?? Is that normal? Ps3 overtracked by 1.1mil despite Sony seeming to be amazingly happy with sales? If you look closely, most data was adjusted from "Others" region. Which, if you think about it, is the one region where VGC really doesn't have a larger organization to compare its data with (as  far as I know). For example, when NPD and MediaCreate usually release their data, VGC adjusts accordingly if they have to. But in Others region, VGC does not have that. So basically, from what I can see, Others region is pure guesswork?? I'm confused.

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
Holy shit! How the FUCK was PS3 overtracked by 1.1 mil?!

we overtracked the PS3, and 360, oh well. Every month we gain stronger numbers and more sources that increase our accuracy. Others really is the hardest market to track.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

dolemit3 said:

I think this is where the majority of the adjustments came from:

It looks like the PS3 wasn't selling double the 360 numbers in Europe even in December. Modern Warfare 2 launch actually bumped the 360's hardware to Wii levels and even the PS3 went up to the same height. What a monster title.

it should be noted that nintendo's figures only include the main european countries, while others is much larger.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

DaBuddahN said:
numonex said:
Fanboy meltdown on VGC. Damage control by some fans. But will there be more sales adjustments made?

Yes, there are fanboy meltdowns. But it's much more than that! It's about reliability of VGC data now. 2mil 360's in shelves?? Is that normal? Ps3 overtracked by 1.1mil despite Sony seeming to be amazingly happy with sales? If you look closely, most data was adjusted from "Others" region. Which, if you think about it, is the one region where VGC really doesn't have a larger organization to compare its data with (as  far as I know). For example, when NPD and MediaCreate usually release their data, VGC adjusts accordingly if they have to. But in Others region, VGC does not have that. So basically, from what I can see, Others region is pure guesswork?? I'm confused.

actually we really dont compare our numbers to other sources inorder to adjust our data. the monthly NPD article and japanese sales article is a way to display our accuracy versus a company that has a way higher percentage of market coverage then us. we just have some sources that doesnt come in on a weekly or bi-weekly bases. Its a matter of our sources on how our estimates are.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

dolemit3 said:

It looks like the PS3 wasn't selling double the 360 numbers in Europe even in December. Modern Warfare 2 launch actually bumped the 360's hardware to Wii levels and even the PS3 went up to the same height. What a monster title.

Am I missing something? The green line (Xbox360 2009) is below both Wii and PS3. Unless you're using sarcasm to be funny, in which case you kinda are

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
dolemit3 said:

Am I missing something? The green line (Xbox360 2009) is below both Wii and PS3. Unless you're using sarcasm to be funny, in which case you kinda are

yeah it's below PS3 but vgchartz had ps3 double 360, and that MW2 bump wasn't there either.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I looked at the data for the 5 week holiday period. Sony said they sold 3.8 million PS3's in that 5 week period and VGchartz data has that in their numbers too...whether or not that is reflected on the home page is a different story.

Maybe something got messed up when ioi entered in Europe's numbers for this week?

Currently Playing: God of War Collection

2010 Anticipations PS3: MAG, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Last Guardian

2010 Anticipations 360: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, alan wake, halo reach, fable III, fallout: new vegas

2010 Anticipations Wii: zelda

LOL!!! PS3 overtracked 1mil WTF and 360 overtrack by over half a mil, some serious shit right there.

Soriku said:
radiantshadow92 said:
i am just mad the ds was adjusted down 1 million, thats big stuff >>

lol, in relation to the DS 1 mil just doesn't seem like much...which is crazy. Wasn't the DS at like 110 mil not too long ago? I didn't realize how close it is to the PS2.

Wii is ever closer to 50%.

well either way http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1064645p1.html

Holy crap, the Wii won like 0.5 - 1.0% of marketshare, right? (the last time I saw it was about 48.7)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||