By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Best Buy price match, need help

Hello everyone!

well i recently purchased a 60gb PS3 at best buy for $499.
it didnt come with anything, just whats inside the box.
i heard gamespot gave a free game away if you buy a 60gb from them.
Amazon had a free blu-ray remote.

so can i still get it matched even though ive already bought it? if so how?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:

Hello everyone!

well i recently purchased a 60gb PS3 at best buy for $499.
it didnt come with anything, just whats inside the box.
i heard gamespot gave a free game away if you buy a 60gb from them.
Amazon had a free blu-ray remote.

so can i still get it matched even though ive already bought it? if so how?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think best buy has a clause about online stores in it's price protection thing. Also I'm pretty sure they only do it for themselves like it the item goes on sale in their store within so much time you can get that sale unless the sale specifically states you cannot.

I recall makingmusic said something about him goint to Circuit City and Best Buy with an ad that said Spiderman 3 BD for $6 and they actually matched it, eventhough it wasnt really for Spiderman 3 but for Spiderman 1 and 2(the price was deceptively placed under Spiderman 3). If i recall that wasnt a Best buy ad but they still matched it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

It depends on the customer service reps at your store. I used to work at BBY, and I can tell you that official policy is that they don't price match package deals. They may be willing to make an exception, but it does have to be within 30 days. If they won't make an exception, you can always return it (again if within 30 days) and buy one at Gamestop or wherever.

Entroper said:
It depends on the customer service reps at your store. I used to work at BBY, and I can tell you that official policy is that they don't price match package deals. They may be willing to make an exception, but it does have to be within 30 days. If they won't make an exception, you can always return it (again if within 30 days) and buy one at Gamestop or wherever.

Oh alright, thanks.

im stuck with my ps3 since i already bought online games (everyday shooter and loco roco)
sigh guess it wouldnt hurt to try.

i dont think gamespot has ads though, but they do carry the one free game deal.
how can i prove that to BBY?

Around the Network

If the reps are going to match the package for you, they should have Gamestop's number, and they can call the store and verify the deal.

thanks ^^

Whats your psn id?

mM

??? lim0404.

dam Im an idiot.. I'll add you, what game are you getting?

mM