By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So here's what I think of the PS3

@finalsquall and Xiru

lol.....both comments are funny and true. Nice to see you join Xiru.....

Around the Network

i dont understand why someone who devotes so much time to hating the ps3 beforehand would get a trade in for one then review it knowing that he hates it in the 1st place makes no sense to me.. but oh well.. it gives me something to read while i sit here and do my dam homework.. workin on computers can be such a pain sometimes...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Soriku said:
No, it's because the site is slow and screwed up.

Or they're not on.

...or we are sick and tired of reading the same posts over and over again and the mods here don't even attempt to control it.

All of his points are opinions.  BTW, in order to go forward or back in the PSN Store or the browser, the L1 and R2 buttons work just fine.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

stof said:
Wow...

Ok Twestern, I can understand why the guy who constantly complains about every single aspect of the PS3 didn't like his initial impressions with it (because he's already decided that he hates it!), but I can't understand why the guy who constantly complains about every single aspect of the PS3 would buy one? you knew you'd hate it. You'd probably decided to hate it before it even came out. And I say "probably" instead of "definately" only because this site wasn't around at the time.

Allow me to rate this thread

Scores so far
========================
Package: Right on the front page I can see that Twestern started a thread about what he thinks of the PS3. I know exactly what this thread will be like so it gets a B for truth in advertising
Communication: B for proper grammar
Ideas: None whatsoever. F-

My initial guess is that he actually didn't buy one, but he went to a friends house and nitpicked the thing to pieces. It's really not as bad as he makes it out, but since there was a recent "good" post on the PS3 recent purchase, somehow he felt the need to "balance" it by posting that the PS3 failed. So far, I've been having a blast with it.

Both his post and W29's seem a bit formulated to me. Oh, the PS3 sales are picking up, I hate the PS3, what am I going to do, let me post on how I bought one, then say it totally sucks. There!

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

@Andir

Dude, I like the PS3. I know I said some rather dumb things in my review, but I enjoy the PS3, more than the 360.

Around the Network
Andir said:
stof said:
Wow...

Ok Twestern, I can understand why the guy who constantly complains about every single aspect of the PS3 didn't like his initial impressions with it (because he's already decided that he hates it!), but I can't understand why the guy who constantly complains about every single aspect of the PS3 would buy one? you knew you'd hate it. You'd probably decided to hate it before it even came out. And I say "probably" instead of "definately" only because this site wasn't around at the time.

Allow me to rate this thread

Scores so far
========================
Package: Right on the front page I can see that Twestern started a thread about what he thinks of the PS3. I know exactly what this thread will be like so it gets a B for truth in advertising
Communication: B for proper grammar
Ideas: None whatsoever. F-

My initial guess is that he actually didn't buy one, but he went to a friends house and nitpicked the thing to pieces. It's really not as bad as he makes it out, but since there was a recent "good" post on the PS3 recent purchase, somehow he felt the need to "balance" it by posting that the PS3 failed. So far, I've been having a blast with it.

Both his post and W29's seem a bit formulated to me. Oh, the PS3 sales are picking up, I hate the PS3, what am I going to do, let me post on how I bought one, then say it totally sucks. There!

Couldn't be more wrong, there's actually nobody near me (as in this state) that even has one at the moment that I even know of.

I was going to post a comment, but I was afraid my tiny words wouldn't be able to measure up to the big paragraphs in this thread.

That being said, I think it's pretty unfair to lambaste twesterm for insulting a console he's always hated with the unverifiable claim that he owns one and making an entire thread about it.

Be nicer guys.

Come on folks, don't you see what is going on here? Very few of you have actually offered constructive responses to the OP. Most of this is people whining that someone didn't like the console. Not everyone will like it. not everyone has to like it, and there should be positive points that each person overlooks the same as there will be negative points that some people over look.

You can sit there and bitch that he hated the console and was never going to like it, but if we assume that is true then you should easily be able to point out the strengths in the things he is "insulting".

Thats why I asked for the opposite view point from folks who like/love their PS3, because I figured there had to be a flip side to this but nobody has really taken the time to explain it and instead most of you make broad complaints.

It's simple: Step up to the plate and make your points or stop complaining.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Come on folks, don't you see what is going on here? Very few of you have actually offered constructive responses to the OP. Most of this is people whining that someone didn't like the console. Not everyone will like it. not everyone has to like it, and there should be positive points that each person overlooks the same as there will be negative points that some people over look.

You can sit there and bitch that he hated the console and was never going to like it, but if we assume that is true then you should easily be able to point out the strengths in the things he is "insulting".

Thats why I asked for the opposite view point from folks who like/love their PS3, because I figured there had to be a flip side to this but nobody has really taken the time to explain it and instead most of you make broad complaints.

It's simple: Step up to the plate and make your points or stop complaining.

?

It's just fairness.

Twesterm rarely posts something constructive, so why the double standard?