By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm losing online functions on June 6, 2008?

Well this confirms the release date for motorstorm 2.

lol j/k, soriku that article is clearly false.

mM
Around the Network

Er... this article is about downloading contents for the game Motorstom, which is available in the Japanese Playstation Store since November the 8th and continueing. Not a single word about losing its online function. Which idiot has translated this?

Edit: whoops... he's right! Didn't see the last paragraph at first, my mistake, sumimasen!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Maybe it's only valid for Japan?

In any case, this is one of the consequences of online play being free on the PS3. You never know when they'll pull support for a game.

I believe 1st party games will continue to have online mode for a long time, but 3rd parties supposedly have to maintain the infrastructure themselves, so you never know when they need to start charging people for online play, or pull it completely. The money for servers, maintenance and customer support has to come from somewhere...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Motorstorm 2 is supposed to be out mid 2008... so this might just be confirmation.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Motorstorm 2 is supposed to be out mid 2008... so this might just be confirmation.

So your theory is that they're forcing people who like to play online to buy another game?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

to make you switch to motorstorm2....

It's no big deal, all PS3 owners have two jobs, right?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

This can't be true, they are still adding DLC and this game will sell 2 million, and would Sony want all those players to complain. I think that if they just add an arcade mode, split-screen multiplayer, more varied maps and decrease load times then those people would buy 2, I certainly would, cause the gameplay is perfect, the graphics are brilliant (although nothing compared to R & C, CoD 4 or UDF) and it is a fun game

add me

In B4 "Online is last gen" defense

online is last gen

damn you