By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Analysts see Project Natal adding billions to Microsoft's revenue!

Boneitis said:
If its affordable, I don't see how it can fail.

If it doesn't offer any apps people want, or actually do motion control well, then why would it succeed?

Around the Network
GermanQR said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Natal will flop. It does bring something new to the table. Just nothing anybody wants. At least not hard core gamers, which is the 360's core market. If Microsoft wants to tap into the fitness game craze, fine, Natal does the job perfectly, but if anyone can point any game genre that is going to be improved thanks to this new control device, please tell me, because I can't think of any. 

Full body motion controls, as Nintendo knows well, are perfect for physical workout, but nothing else. You are going to be tired after 30 minutes of gameplay. That's exactly the point. 30 minute hard-core game sessions anyone?

These Goldman Sachs people are very, very wrong.

We'll see, but I personally put quite a bit more faith into these professional analyst with Goldman Sachs than a brand new contributor to a gaming forum with no dedicated market research to back up his or her claim.

But, as I said, we'll see.  This is interesting to read, because MS has a lot of hype to live up to now. 

Seece said:
Does a search for the word "patcher" ....

checking ....

not found!

Maybe there is some credibility in this after all?

That move will always fail you, unless it's an article from examiner.com where they spell his name wrong.  His name is Michael PACHTER.  This is why his new show is called "Pach-Attack" and not "Patch-Attack."  ;)

@OP, there's no way this will have a higher attach rate than Wii Fit.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Seece said:

checking ....

not found!

That move will always fail you, unless it's an article from examiner.com where they spell his name wrong.  His name is Michael PACHTER.  This is why his new show is called "Pach-Attack" and not "Patch-Attack."  ;)

How do you pronounce his name?

Pack ter? omg I've been calling him Patch er all this time ...

Seece said:
Seece said:

checking ....

not found!

Haha, no worries.  It's seriously you and like 80% of the internet, including articles at other sites.  Yeah it's Pak-ter.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Seece said:

checking ....

not found!

Haha, no worries.  It's seriously you and like 80% of the internet, including articles at other sites.  Yeah it's Pak-ter.

That's why he hates the gaming population, we keep misspelling his name!!

RageBot said:
Boneitis said:

Because the fact that something is affordable doesn't mean the pepole are going to buy it.

Well this isn't just random affordable device. It has quite a bit of hype and software support following it.

Therefore, I believe price plays a big roll in its success.

Boneitis said:
RageBot said:
Boneitis said:

Because the fact that something is affordable doesn't mean the pepole are going to buy it.

Well this isn't just random affordable device. It has quite a bit of hype and software support following it.

Right now, it is just a device, we don't even know if it's going to be "affordable", we don't know if it's going to have games that the mass market will want.

Therefore it's a complete failure to try and analyze anything before we know something about the Natal and it's games.

One more thing to mention - Wii Sports/Fit/Whatever for the Natal won't sell, there's already a Wii.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

richardhutnik said:
Boneitis said:

If it doesn't offer any apps people want, or actually do motion control well, then why would it succeed?

Well Wiiplay and Wiisports aren't great games, people just enjoy waggling those remotes.

With that same token, people will enjoy Natal games even if they suck.

RageBot said:
Boneitis said:
RageBot said:
Boneitis said:

Right now, it is just a device, we don't even know if it's going to be "affordable", we don't know if it's going to have games that the mass market will want.

Therefore it's a complete failure to try and analyze anything before we know something about the Natal and it's games.

One more thing to mention - Wii Sports/Fit/Whatever for the Natal won't sell, there's already a Wii.

WiiSports is a free game. So if they include a clone with every Natal, people will buy it.

It will also be more enjoyable on the Natal because it will have actual motion tracking. And it won't require 4 controllers, just one Natal.