By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how is demon souls?

i am boderline of getting this game, but i have a few questions? 

1. how hard is it? i heard it is hard but want to know how hard it is compared to like killzone 2 on vetern setting?

2. is it scary? well this is something that is kinda important, i tend to not like scary games?

3. how is the online intergration? i am not a big fan of online but is it decent?

Around the Network

1.its not that hard druing ur fisrt playthough when u learn how to play, but ur second playthough is hard since the demons get stronger.

2. some part kinda scray i guess, but only a little.

3.online is cool u can get help from other ppl or help them or even fight then. the online is pretty good.

so yea it rlly good u should atleast try it out.

1) It's very hard but you just be patient.

2) Maybe... for me... not.

3) Very good.

Demon's Soul is fantastic... one of the best RPG this gen.

Demon's souls is one of the ps3 best games IMO
1. It is challenging but once you get through the first level it is not as hard as everyne claims it is, I thought it was easier than kZ2, if there is one thing it is is that it is unforgiving(i.e. if you kill an NPC he wont revive)

2. It is not that scary, its atmosphere is dark, one or two levels might be a little

#. the online is amazing in my opinion it does so many innovative things you play with another player but it does not feel like any other co-op

thanks for the input, ill wait for some more before i order it.

Around the Network
a12331 said:

i am boderline of getting this game, but i have a few questions? 

1. how hard is it? i heard it is hard but want to know how hard it is compared to like killzone 2 on vetern setting?

2. is it scary? well this is something that is kinda important, i tend to not like scary games?

3. how is the online intergration? i am not a big fan of online but is it decent?

1. It's not that hard with a little experience. You're going to die in the first level. A lot. But you'll get better and it's actually fun to try again after dying.

2. I also don't like scary games but Demon's Souls is most of the time not scary. Knowing you can die at every corner is scary but fun too.

3. The online is very well made. You can summon people in your world to help you or you can go help people in their world depending whether your alive or in soul form. The game is more fun online imo.

Demons Souls has potential to be hard - Xtreme depending on how efficient you are at raising your character and makin goods weapon ..plan ahead and you'll be fine..unlike my self,,I imported the game and I did alot of things wrobg because of faulty info from some importers that wernt true.

Its kinda scary, but it has one really scary place..LV3

online is a double edge..its great to have companions but constant Black Phatoms are annoying, plus theres no way to communicate other than opening a chat from PSN and dealing with Chat lag which can be very frustrating

4. You seriously need to get it

1) The game is not difficult, it's just very punishing. The game punishes you for every mistake you make. And almost every time, that punishment is death. But it's not difficult. You just have to spend some time with it, and be cautious. As you learn the level layout, what enemies to expect, and how to defeat those enemies, the game gets pretty easy. You don't even need to have fast reflexes to get good at the game. Almost every enemy has a huge windup when they attack. It's just being patient enough, and knowing when to block, dodge/roll, or attack.

2) Hm, the game wasn't scary in the sense that stuff pops out at you and yells "Boo!" But the game has tons of great atmosphere that can be kind of creepy I guess. The dungeon that is world 3 is very impressive. The swamp is also impressive, even if the level sucks. The game isn't scary, but it is dread inducing. You'll creep towards every corner dreading what you find around the bend.

3) The online integration is unique. If you are logged into the PSN, then you will automatically be playing "online." There's a few things that happen.

- You see white ghosts/phantoms of other people playing the game
- You see bloodstains showing where people died. Touching the bloodstain shows their last moments
- You can leave messages and read messages other people have left
- If you are in soul form (90% of the time you will be) then you can invade other people's games to kill them or you can help other people (they need to be in body form)
- If you are in body form, other people can invade your game to try to kill you (these guys will be red and the game will let you know you have been invaded), but you can also summon 2 people to help you (these guys will be blue)

Hope that helps. I think the game is utterly fantastic. It won't be for everyone, but if you can, give it a shot. And give it some time if you feel like the game sucks on first impression. If you can stick with it, it's definitely one of the more rewarding gaming experiences out there, in my opinion.

bottom line... I dont why uour asking this DS has a huge following on this siteyou kno wat were gonna say. If you have a PS3, you like RPG's..get DS..period