By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Idea on how to help shut VG naySayers up

One of the biggest complaints I hear about this site is that when NPD numbers come out VGChartz changes its numbers to make up for any serious mistakes.  I know that the obvious reasoning for this is that if you are way off then why continue showing those numbers.  My idea is to add a label onto the changed numbers that says this number has been changed to make up for accuracy issues, and then if they user clicks on the label, it will show what the number was originally to make things look a little bit less deceiptful.

I know many of you will say that people will always lambast VGCz and you may well be right, but I believe that we are on an upswing.  NPD just shut the doors and people don't have a choice anymore, either VG or pay for NPD.  labelling the corrected numbers won't turn people from hating us, but it will help prevent new people from learning to hate us.   

Around the Network

I think you are trying to refer to this thread ioi already made in the news section: http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=629

Well I am trying to make a suggestion that will stop one of the most common complaints about this site. Which is listed in that news item. So yes ioi's post is directed at curing the same problem as my suggestion, good observation.

EDIT - oops, I am an idiot. I misread your post, thinking you were proposing an explanation of how numbers were changed and why. I now see that you just proposed that the old numbers would be shown. That would be possible of course, let's see what ioi thinks about it.

- old post deleted -

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957