By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Since when does a game an award for being "most anticipated"?

Hype is a hard thing to quantify, but then again so are most of the instruments used to say "game x is better than game y"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Hype sells games but you are right there shouldn't be award for it. Should be best marketing of a game.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Thechalkblock said:
Nowadays hype is almost as important to a game's quality as gameplay.

Sad but true.

Personally, I don't give a damn about hype; on the contrary, I may feel a bit of... rejection towards an overhyped game. It's like "Boooooooo! Go play your beloved game and leave me aloooone!!!!!!!!!".

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Awards and scores dont mean shit, Dont even bother with it.

Proof is almost every Semi-big hyped up game is getting a 9 and 10.

Garnett said:
Awards and scores dont mean shit, Dont even bother with it.

Proof is almost every Semi-big hyped up game is getting a 9 and 10.

Unless they seriously go wrong, they are assured of getting at least an 8.5.  Kane and Lynch seemed to be an exception to this.

If the VGA is going to become the de-facto (here is a word that might catch on, and spelled right by others) industry award show, it is going to have to take itself more seriously in what it does, and not give out an award for "most anticipated".  I believe also PEOPLE should be getting more awards also.  Note that they don't give award to videogame characters, they give them to the actors behind the characters.