By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HOW did *YOU react when you first heard SAMUS' voice at E309??

HOW did *YOU react when you first heard SAMUS' voice at E309??

I loved Samus' new voice 78 80.41%

I didn't like it very much 19 19.59%

Total:97

She sounds pretty cool beanz, I like her voice.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
Hisiru said:

I know what you are trying to do but I always imagined Samus with a voice but not Link.

Samus has a different characterization, so we can't really compare.

Oh and yes, I liked her voice (a lot), it's exactly how I imagined her voice.

me too n_n

After hearing "time to go.." my mind went numb. Hell I was already shocked when I heard "any objections lady?" I was like "Adam Malkovich?!"

KylieDog said:
I thought she spoke in SSBB?

yeah Zero Suit Samus spoke in her taunt, but Other M looks to be the first time she gets voice acting for real

I'm not happy about it, i'll have that out right now. Metroid shouldn't be going in an especially story-driven direction. I wasn't too pleased with that move in Metroid Prime 3 (though the worlds themselves retained that sense of isolation for the most part), and i'm less pleased now.

Though i suppose as long as they retain that feeling of loneliness, i could live with it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I almost cried when I heard her voice, it's simple and perfect for Samus at the same time, and most important, it's exactly how I imagined (as I said before).

I will confess something, Other M is my most anticipated game for the entire year (Yes, I am dying to play Zelda, TvsC, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2 etc but Other M is my most anticipated game of the year).

Mr Khan said:

I'm not happy about it, i'll have that out right now. Metroid shouldn't be going in an especially story-driven direction. I wasn't too pleased with that move in Metroid Prime 3 (though the worlds themselves retained that sense of isolation for the most part), and i'm less pleased now.

Though i suppose as long as they retain that feeling of loneliness, i could live with it.

I felt soooo scared and isolated durring Prime 1,2 and 3; They did a damn good job. Even super metroid had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Maridia was the place that got me the most. The music made me uneasy.

miz1q2w3e said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
WTF SAMUS SPOKE DURING E3? Dude, I seriously didn't know that, I didn't care about the game until now. I gotta watch it now!

She says: "I'm Samus Aran" in her new voice.

i thought she sounded lovely, well suited voice for her character, sounded kind and sincere, just like i pictured her :)

She also says: "Time to go" 

SO SEXXXXXXXXXXXY

Really, she has a nice voice. Fits perfectly.

miz1q2w3e said:

I personally love her new voice, it sound nice and suits her as a character, although i'll admit i haven't owned many metroid games. i have however played a few of them and i am very interested in Other M

So I'm asking fans of the Metroid series, Did you guys like the idea of giving Samus a voice in Metroid: Other M?

Frankly, nothing in the game is set, even her voice.  So with that trailer, we might even have a different voice for her by the end game.  So, I know it sounds like a cop out, but I'm just gonna say...I can't say I like it or not till I actually play the game.

What I CAN say is I love her voice in Brawl.  That voice is pretty much exactly how I imagines Samus' voice to be.  Yet the voice in the trailer from E3 is different from what I can tell.  So we'll see which voice we get in the end.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Honestly, I like what I heard. It's better than what's in Brawl.

The addition of voice and fleshed out cutscenes doesn't send me up the wall. I've been playing Metroid since the first game on NES - I invite the fleshing out of its universe and characters. I liked the characterization Fusion introduced. Samus was always a badass, but now she's a badass with a soul.

Having small acknowledgements of civilization doesn't ruin anything for me either. In fact, I think it enhances the atmosphere. It's true that you were walking in the dark in previous games, but Fusion and Echoes put a spin on that. You've got someone on their side and they know what you need to do, but YOU still have to go into the Lion's Den and once you're in there...anything can happen. What's probably the most terrifying aspect is that there is a safe haven there you could use if you're trouble....if only you could get there.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"