By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sony should remake legend of dragoon.

Sony should remake the legend of dragoon. Or hell a sequel but id rather see a remake.

A great game that i feel never got the praise it deserved. With so many people comparing it to ff7 back in the day and whatnot i guess they were turned off by the idea of an rpg with another blonde spikey haired lead role. LoD had its imperfections of course, the addition system was unforgivingly difficult to master and had a very linear path to follow, the latter i think can be attributed to the technology at the time though, i could be mistaken. I think the game begged a stronger console to bring its worlds to life, and could have really used some voice actors, agian though waht old school rpg doesnt?  I think its a fair comparison to make between this game and Lost Odyssey, they both remind of each other for some reason, A remake could be sony's weapon against LO and White Knight Chronicle could counter Blue Dragon, assuming that sony was dead serious about countering everything MS does, which i think they should. Also a remake could save them money in terms of development because its basically just getting voice actors, tweaking the battle system and adding some fresh graphics.

Well thats my 2 cents, whats yours? 

Around the Network

i still have that game havent played it in years... but yea back in the day i thought it should have gotten more credit

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Bonafide-i still have that game havent played it in years... but yea back in the day i thought it should have gotten more credit

So did I. It was long as hell. 4 discs long. It had a great soundtrack, interesting characters, good ass plot, though i can see the comparisons to ff7. They were still so different who honestly cares? With sony pulling games such as warhawk from the ps1 era and bring them to current gen why not this game?

theyre probably afraid that it wont sell.. like ico or shadow or the colloussus those were great games.. they just didnt sell for some reason..

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

im not even really a fan of rpgs but i still have legend of dragoon how crazy is that... classic all the way

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

Around the Network

I think a sequel might be coming.

Fantastic game, one of the best RPGS ive played.
I would love a seq. Would buy a ps3 cause of it and other things

The game def deserved more credit,

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

First of all, this should be moved to the Sony forum. Second, Shadow of the Colossus is a Greatest Hits title. Sony actually decided to market it, and the game sold well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

What the hell does shadow of the colossus have to do with this topic? My legend of dragoon is a greatest hits too. Whats your point?

Sorry. Another poster claimed Shadow didn't sell well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs