By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Post Upcoming Console Predictions

Nintendo 1st, Microsoft 2nd.  Each system will use motion controls and HD.

Microsoft adds motion controls with an emphasis on point and click that will specialize in shooting and GUIs.  They will also have deluxe consoles or add-ons with home theater or set-top box capabilities.  The goal will be to introduce Windows to such applications so that their OS dominance extends into the living room.

Nintendo surprises people again with gimmicks on Wii HD.  I'm guessing an on-wiimote microphone that makes sound-based control standard on the system and yet again dramatically increases thir audience.  Besides singing games, the microphone could be used as a sound button of sorts, increasing control in other genres.

Playstation 4 will use a dual shock with derivative motion controls.  No PS3 BC unless it's a Cell sequel.  They will open at a more reasonable price (between Nintendo and MS).  With bosses in defensive mode, they won't do anything revolutionary, and the media and 3rd parties will be very skeptical.

Somebody will try that open gaming system either next gen or next-next gen after Sony quits, probably a group of 3rd parties including EA.  It will run on Linux and have a lot of homebrew and hobbyist use.  Nintendo and MS will increase their 1st party development and buy exclusives, both determined to stop such a console.

Around the Network

I tried a thread like this but noone seemed interested. :(

Sony 1st by tens of millions

nintendo 2nd

microsoft 3rd

This holiday season will shock you all.

-leoj

mM

leo-j

lol.

divert attention to 360 outsells ps3 in japan this past week.

I'd say the chance of Sony not using Cell in the PS4 is 0%.

More intelligence in the Wiimote, could be used in WiiFit 2 as a pedometer. Microphone, even a small screen.