By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD4 is busted

If you are going to buy the game wait until they patch it, the online menu and the way the game is set-up is retarded. Lag and connection problems happen in almost all games, they have no server list or dedicated servers either. Right now the game is busted and stopped on some screen and it shows that people are having their levels all reset to 1. The online appears to be coded by a blind monkey. Stay away from this game until they fix it.

The single player won't last long either , all the AI have aim bots and can see you through walls, you have grenades land on your feet from 100feet away and you get snipered with AK's from 500m away. Once the first shot hits you the screen goes all red and you slow down and can't find cover or anything.

EDIT: the PS3 version is the one i have, not sure about the other ones and if they are having the same problems. 

Around the Network

is this the pc version or all versions?

All versions genius, lol j/k naw seriously its every version that has interenet.. pc,ps3, 360 included.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue said:
All versions genius, lol j/k naw seriously its every version that has interenet.. pc,ps3, 360 included.

I don't think any of them have interenet.

haha. thanks for the info.

Are you certain it is all versions? I was about to buy the game for my 360. These were call coded by different teams so things like collision detection could certainly vary. Online could vary as well considering how they are implemented differently on PSN, Windows, and Xbox Live.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

I changed the original post to say its the PS3 version that i own. As i forgot that all of the games had been made by different teams, but that still does not change that fact that the whole lay out for the online modes suck.

My friend and I rented it for 360 and had none of these problems. I have to say I'm glad we rented instead of bought though because the campaign was actually 4 hours (not 5-6 like we've been told) and the controls blow. No cover system is incredibly frustrating and the AI is apparently made up of nothing but Peyton Manning and Tom Brady clones because they chuck grenades ridiculously accurately. The controls are just really missing something after playing deeper shooters like Rainbow Six Vegas.

My friend said the 360 version was awesome. Though a bit cheap as most of the time you died it was from attacks from behind.

Having no problems on the 360 version

and let me say, it kicks MAJOR ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Having no problems on the 360 version

and let me say, it kicks MAJOR ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.