By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario losing it?

I have a question is Mario losing the greatness he used to be or are all the other games on Nintendo getting better so there is more of a variety to choose from also take into account that Nintendo's install bas has been fewer and fewer over the years so will Mario Galaxy surpass some of it's predecessors in sales? I'm only taking about the first Mario released on a system! NES: Super Mario Bros. sold 40.24 million copies! (Top selling game ever) SNES: Super Mario World sold 20.61 million copies! (6th top selling game ever behind 5 Nintendo games) N64: Super Mario 64 sold 11.89 million copies! (16 top selling game ever 1st on N64) GC: Super Mario Sunshine sold 5.89 million copies! (56th top selling game ever 3rd on system behind Mario Kart and Smash Bros.) Wii: Super Mario Galaxy?

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World were both bundled with their system through most of the life of the system ... The differences between Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine are mainly that Mario 64 was a flagship title for the system and was far more revolutionary than Mario Sunshine was. Personally, I don't think that Mario is losing his apeal being that The New Super Mario Bros. is soon going to break 10 Million copies sold worldwide and may surpass the sales of Mario 64

It really depends on the succes of the console. Nes->Snes->N64->GC. So I think that Super Mario Galaxy will sell 10m+

HappySqurriel said: Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World were both bundled with their system through most of the life of the system ... The differences between Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine are mainly that Mario 64 was a flagship title for the system and was far more revolutionary than Mario Sunshine was. Personally, I don't think that Mario is losing his apeal being that The New Super Mario Bros. is soon going to break 10 Million copies sold worldwide and may surpass the sales of Mario 64
I forgot that it was bundled with the system.

I would say that 3d mario has never been has fun as 2d NSMB for the win

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

the first 2 were bundled, but as far as 64 and GC goes the GC had a considerably smaller userbase. Obviously another reason is it wasn't as revolutionary, but Mario Galaxy is gonna be different. The user base is gonna be much bigger this time (already reached half of GC total sales in Japan), and this one is gonna be more revolutionary.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

If Mario Galaxy dont surpass Sunshine... I will say mario is dead. (sunshine shouldnt be too hard to pass because most people I know that bought it (didnt rent becuase they expected it to be so good) Hated it) So I dont know how the new mario will play out, but i'm 100% sure watching the play video's that it looks better than sunshine.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: If Mario Galaxy dont surpass Sunshine... I will say mario is dead. (sunshine shouldnt be too hard to pass because most people I know that bought it (didnt rent becuase they expected it to be so good) Hated it) So I dont know how the new mario will play out, but i'm 100% sure watching the play video's that it looks better than sunshine.
OT: Welcome back Kwaad Back to topic, I would say 3d Mario is dead (if Galaxy

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Kwaad said: If Mario Galaxy dont surpass Sunshine... I will say mario is dead. (sunshine shouldnt be too hard to pass because most people I know that bought it (didnt rent becuase they expected it to be so good) Hated it) So I dont know how the new mario will play out, but i'm 100% sure watching the play video's that it looks better than sunshine.
Yeah i hated Sunshine too... i got SO sick of it that i destroyed the disk with a knife lol. And honestly i think Galaxy is the one that will be the most successful 3D Mario ever. If he doesn't surpass Sunshine levels i agree with you, he is dead.

OMG...........I going to say it........................................I'm really going to say it...............OMG here it comes..................................................................I agree with.........................Kwaad on this one.........................................................................*breaths out* that wasn't so hard.