By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So... I have FFXIII in my hand...

Dgc1808 said:
lestatdark said:

Isn't the Crystallium system a bit like the Sphere grid in which you had a linear path in the beginning, but once you reached the end of the path, you could go almost anywhere you wanted?

Glad to hear that the game gets challenging as it goes along. One of my complains about recent FF's is that they are often too easy in their main quest, the only difficulty coming from optional dungeons and superbosses.

Also, did you get the hang of the Optima Change and Break systems better in the end of your playthrough?

Edit - You were very informative and thorough in your impressions, which is always welcomed ;) Plus it's always nice to see different point of views about unreleased games, especially on one so sensitive such a new FF game.

I'm just glad that I don't have to wait a year, like we used to, to get the game after the jap release xD I would be dying right now T_T 

I hope it to see it the Crystallium system expand more then. I got the hang of Optima change. In the later half of my playthrough it was pretty cool. I've only been able to use the break system on 2 enemies at this point and it was really only usefull for one. Was a metal monster that took very little damage at all from my attacks. I didn't really notice the system until the last 30 minutes or so because you get it going by keeping your attacks up [which is what I was already doing] to fill up an enemy gauge. Other than that one type of enemy, all the other monsters where dead before I could get the gauge filled up.

I've seen some live feeds of some further chapter bosses that can only be dealt significant damage using the Break system, mainly because it lowers their shields or barriers when it enters in effect.

It seems a very interesting system, I'd love to see how it integrates into this FF superbosses. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"