By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

BaldrSkies said:
Meret said:
BaldrSkies said:
I wonder how the early release of the Tomodachi download cards will affect first week sales numbers on Media Create.

Media Create not count download cards. Famitsu count.

That's unfounded. If that were true, Famitsu's 3DS game sales numbers would always be higher than MC, which they aren't. Or does that mean the download cards aren't selling enough to impact the charts at all?

No they do, we saw the differance when Luigi and Animal Crossing came out.

Former something....

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
BaldrSkies said:
Meret said:
BaldrSkies said:
I wonder how the early release of the Tomodachi download cards will affect first week sales numbers on Media Create.

That's unfounded. If that were true, Famitsu's 3DS game sales numbers would always be higher than MC, which they aren't. Or does that mean the download cards aren't selling enough to impact the charts at all?

Just look at the differences week over week for all the Nintendo games that have download cards. Luigi past opening week has been higher on Media Create. You're cherrypicking a couple data points and assuming it's download cards that caused it. You do realize Famitsu and Media Create are based on estimation models right? They also use data gathered from different stores. Here's Famitsu's partners. I don't think Media Create has a public list.

It would be ridiculous for MC to ignore gamecard sales. The fluctuations in sales numbers is just due to differences in their estimation models, and the data being plugged into those models from their sources. Sounds a bit like VGC?

BaldrSkies said:
Meret said:
BaldrSkies said:

There's HUGE difference with Animal Crossing: New Leaf between trackers due to download cards. Not all games have DL cards and not all DL cards selling extremely well. If u remember, for example, NSMB2 digital sales (DL cards+eShop) was only 5% of total game sales; and Animal Crossing digital numbers more than 30% oficially. There was a huge demand for Animal Crossing. People bought DL cards in stores when they can't buy physical copy. There's never such demand for Luigi, NSMB, Layton and others. I never seen DL Cards for those games in Tsutaya weekly charts, etc. They're selling something, but not huge as AC.

Peope from Neogaf contacted Enterbrain and received a confirmation that they're counting everything except direct eShop sales (DL cards, hardware bundles w/digital games (Animal Crossing 3DSXL, Monster Hunter 3G Black XL bundle, etc). I can't find proof immediately, but I'll find it.

Also, because Famitsu count DL cards its gonna be interesting if they'll count DL cards for new Rolling Western, Pokemon Rumple U, etc (digital only eshop games w/DL cards in stores).

Soon we'll know.

BaldrSkies said:
Blacksaber said:
BaldrSkies said:
Meret said:
BaldrSkies said:

Just look at the differences week over week for all the Nintendo games that have download cards. Luigi past opening week has been higher on Media Create. You're cherrypicking a couple data points and assuming it's download cards that caused it. You do realize Famitsu and Media Create are based on estimation models right? They also use data gathered from different stores. Here's Famitsu's partners. I don't think Media Create has a public list.

It would be ridiculous for MC to ignore gamecard sales. The fluctuations in sales numbers is just due to differences in their estimation models, and the data being plugged into those models from their sources. Sounds a bit like VGC?

Luigi had a higher opening on Famitsu by over 30k which is a big discrepancy  for the amount of sales and even more so Animal Crossing had a differance of 117k on a game that opened up 6-7.1k without pure downloads again with Famitsu over it. And yet for a game like Pokemon Black and White 2 with no Download cards had a differance of 60k even though it sold over 1.5 Million. Further more almost all of Neogaf agrees at this point that they do track Download Cards.

Former something....

Otakumegane said:
Yeah this got 500 in the bag.

What 500 on Comg translates to 550k 1st week sales for Nintendo games?

It depends on the game.  Certainly a number of recent smaller 3DS games like Magi & Touch Detective over-performed on here compared to real world sales.  We'll have to see how Cardfight does tomorrow (ended up on 67 here iirc).

But I guess Luigi is a better case study since it's a bigger game and a Nintendo game.  And it ended about 30 points lower than its opening week, so yeah, perhaps a similar number again for Tomodachi.

It'll sell extremely well with legs regarldess of what its opening week is, though.

Around the Network

OT: Back a few days before Tomodachi disappears despite my better judgement! Hopefully all that cheering goes towards SMT IV now instead, a game that I hope performs very well.

Regardless, Tomodachi is having a great last few days and will have a monster opening. At least it's going to keep the media create thread interesting for a while. Maybe I can some more people banned for trolling it.

I'm glad to see Seventh Dragon 2020 is doing well in its latter days too, though. I really wish we were getting this series localised; of all Imageepoch games its the one I want to play the most, but ah well.

Summon Night also seems like it's going to open pretty damn big, which is pleasing to see.

Blacksaber said:
BaldrSkies said:
Blacksaber said:
BaldrSkies said:
Meret said:
BaldrSkies said:

Luigi had a higher opening on Famitsu by over 30k which is a big discrepancy  for the amount of sales and even more so Animal Crossing had a differance of 117k on a game that opened up 6-7.1k without pure downloads again with Famitsu over it. And yet for a game like Pokemon Black and White 2 with no Download cards had a differance of 60k even though it sold over 1.5 Million. Further more almost all of Neogaf agrees at this point that they do track Download Cards.

I don't get why are you naming Luigi or Pokemon here.

First, the difference opening week was 20k, and it's normal to have a discrepancy like this between this trackers.

Media Create

[3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 280.151

Famitsu:
[3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 301.080

But now the difference it's just 8k, according last week numbers:

Media Create:

[3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 68.423 / 459.413 (-38%)

Famitsu:
[3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 64.046 / 467.571 <80-100%> (-37%)

This is not what I call a huge discrepancy, Final Fantasy XIII-2 HAD a huge discrepancy (and no donwload cards were implicated):

Media Create:

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 # (Square Enix) {2011.12.15} (¥7.980) - 524.217

Famitsu:
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 # (Square Enix) {2011.12.15} (¥7.980) - 605.660

Also, have you checked final numbers for Pokemon, Mario Kart and Paper Mario of last year? (the latest two, had Download cards)

Media Create:

[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 (Pokemon Co.) {2012-06-23} - 2.919.977

[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) – 1.908.966

[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) {2012-12-06} – 402.133

Famitsu:
[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 (Pokemon Co.) {2012-06-23} - 2.879.027

[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011-12-01} - 1.904.933

[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) {2012-12-06} - 391.078

Everything is lower on famitsu, even with Download cards. The only huge discrepancy between Media Create and Famitsu has been Animal Crossing. And it's believed that Famitsu tracks Download cards, and MC doesn't. But with other games been higher on MC without download cards, I'm starting to believe that Famitsu is tracking random numbers for this cards...

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

WOW at Tomodachi! Expecting a huge debut for it! 500 points is a lock. 525 maybe?

Vinniegambini said:
WOW at Tomodachi! Expecting a huge debut for it! 500 points is a lock. 525 maybe?

That was my guess along with 20 today and 30 yesterday. Kinda right today but wrong yesterday.