By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How does the PS3 slim not over heat?

Garnett said:
BHR-3 said:

hold a piece of tissue paper around it after it runs for awhile ull find the import air holes somewhere

i know that

the old 4 usbed ps3s 20/60/80g sucked air from the front where the usbs are and from the back

the later models 2 usbed skus 40/80/160g sucked air only from side or top of the ps3 wen its stood up

dont know bout the slim but try the tissue paper idea let me now wat u find out

also see if the fan test method works on the slim

The thing is i have no idea where to put the tissue paper at.

Yeah, let me break it down for you. You have a independent variable: air coming into the slim. you need to move the tissue around the slim until it starts getting sucked against the slim, at which point you know the entry point for air/inlets. . .

Around the Network
Bastables said:
Garnett said:
BHR-3 said:

hold a piece of tissue paper around it after it runs for awhile ull find the import air holes somewhere

i know that

the old 4 usbed ps3s 20/60/80g sucked air from the front where the usbs are and from the back

the later models 2 usbed skus 40/80/160g sucked air only from side or top of the ps3 wen its stood up

Yeah, let me break it down for you. You have a independent variable: air coming into the slim. you need to move the tissue around the slim until it starts getting sucked against the slim, at which point you know the entry point for air/inlets. . .

Yeah i know but im just too lazy lol, ill try it tho sometime.

Bastables said:
Garnett said:
BHR-3 said:

i know that

ha ha yeah im not good at putting my thoughts into words i thought he would know that part on his own

but yeah wait till the slim is warmed up to try it wen the fan is not working at full speed it will be hard to get results

also does the slim have chrome trim by ur pic up there it looks chrome or is it just really shiny glooss black?

Play Me

It only does everything.

Its alien tech.

NJ5 said:
Let me put it this way. The fan on the Slim, at its peak, can use almost as much power as the entire Wii.

Oh wow, that's some hefty fan power!

Also, didn't Sony change from 90nm to 65nm? And if the exterior of the console gets so hot, it must mean it's managing the heat very well.

Around the Network
Garnett said:

Im looking at my PS3 slim right now and i dont see any air holes, i see the export air holes but not any import air holes, and it gets really really hot.

How the hell doesnt this thing break? I know my old 80 gig one used to get hot but not this hot and the fat model has air holes.

Someone please explain.

sony has magical powers.

BHR-3 said:
Bastables said:
Garnett said:
BHR-3 said:

i know that

ha ha yeah im not good at putting my thoughts into words i thought he would know that part on his own

but yeah wait till the slim is warmed up to try it wen the fan is not working at full speed it will be hard to get results

also does the slim have chrome trim by ur pic up there it looks chrome or is it just really shiny glooss black?

I know what you were saying, its just i said what i said because i didnt want to say "Im too lazy" do you understand what i just said?

The part where the buttons are is very shiny ,more like a mirror.

The part where the PS logo is glossy black.

Pic #1

Pic # 2

Its Sony, that's how. They make good consoles. I don't know how all the technology works but the Japanese make good products.

ok guys, this is the real reason why.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

ok guys, this is the real reason why.

Dude that guy can sell me a fucking trash can for a million dollars.