By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How does the PS3 slim not over heat?

Im looking at my PS3 slim right now and i dont see any air holes, i see the export air holes but not any import air holes, and it gets really really hot.

How the hell doesnt this thing break? I know my old 80 gig one used to get hot but not this hot and the fat model has air holes.

Someone please explain.

Around the Network

Its da Cell

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

if you look at some deconstructed views of the slim it shows how absolutely insanely huge the air fan is inside. They changed the fan from the fat to the slim.

Cooling was probably Sony's number 1 priority.

Also, you might want to separate those systems, it cant be good for them to sit on top of one another like that.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Garnett said:

Im looking at my PS3 slim right now and i dont see any air holes, i see the export air holes but not any import air holes, and it gets really really hot.

How the hell doesnt this thing break? I know my old 80 gig one used to get hot but not this hot and the fat model has air holes.

Someone please explain.

it was down to the solder the original PS3's used, that is why the old ones are more prone to failure (the solder melts from overheating due to over usuage / neglect).

Still not many PS3's suffer from this problem, but i must admit more and more PS3's (original ones) are getting problems, unfortunately.

Edit: oh yeah i forgot about the better fan that they put in the PS3 Slim, that helps it to keep cooler inside

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

long long ago. . . i read somewhere its been tested and worked even after solder melts. the only problem you might actually have is disc read error or a malfunction in the system software.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

lol..................................................lol -TEH CELLZ- lmao!!!!!!! sike nah, dude, it's a ps3, they only console YOU have to do something for it to break.

on that note- my 320 gig phat ps3 has been running for about ehhh a week now give or take a few days, I never turn it off, never put it on stand by, just hit pause, turn off my t.v. and it's off to sleep. lol it's actually a bad thing seeing as every time I wake up I always have mad game invites and messages from friends who think I'm still playing XD

Also longest I've stayed awake with my ps3 on was 24 hrs straight, Killzone 2 just released, could not put it down, made a public server (player hosted ded. servers FTW!!) , invited some friends, before I knew it I was watching the sun come up. 9am to about 10-11 am next day

ps3 is a beast, only sony's knows why, and I sure don't complain.

p.s. feels good doesn't it, knowing your gaming machine can last longer than you can.

well, Its Built Really Really Good , i think lol

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

ultraslick said:
if you look at some deconstructed views of the slim it shows how absolutely insanely huge the air fan is inside. They changed the fan from the fat to the slim.

Cooling was probably Sony's number 1 priority.

Also, you might want to separate those systems, it cant be good for them to sit on top of one another like that.

Ah, im glad they didnt half ass it and have the Slim YLOD.

Yeah i did, i was playing my Slim and i turned my Xbox on for about 30 seconds to see if my friend was online and it already started to over heat, so i stood them both up.

Btw the XBox is a jasper, so you know the PS3 must be getting damn hot lol

after seeing the red 360 im glad i didnt buy one lol its ugly.

On Topic: Coz sony made it lol.

legend92(3) said:
after seeing the red 360 im glad i didnt buy one lol its ugly.

On Topic: Coz sony made it lol.

Yeah it really ruins the hole entertainment look i have going.

And the Slim is built damn well.