By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Game Industry expects PS3 to be the most succesful console in 2010

surely they jest'?

Around the Network

Metacritic eh? Since the critics don't judge the games for their target markets they are pretty irrelevant at making a judgement. Using the present critics to judge Nintendo games would be like using just womens magazine reviews to judge the best motorcycle.

WilliamWatts said:
Metacritic eh? Since the critics don't judge the games for their target markets they are pretty irrelevant at making a judgement. Using the present critics to judge Nintendo games would be like using just womens magazine reviews to judge the best motorcycle.

Yeah, I totally agree. Have you seen GamesIndustry.biz recent polls? Very ridiculous.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Cthulhu said:
BrandonM said:
Smashchu2 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Beuli2 said:
Wow, 2010 is the year of the PS3! But I though they said it was 2007, I mean, 2008, oops, 2009, wait...

And guess what? The Wii is do0med this year! More do0med than it was in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Except this has been a successful year for the PS3. So I fail to see your point.

Still wasn't the year of the PS3.

Exactly, They went all balls swing out and still lose to the Wii

though Ps3 had the best 2009 among all platforms

Oh so you were part of the poll

Software hardware it's nintendo

huaxiong90 said:
WilliamWatts said:

Yeah, I totally agree. Have you seen GamesIndustry.biz recent polls? Very ridiculous.

Yep! Its crazy.

Around the Network

SO it is gonna be a first for Pachter, he's gonna be right? I doubt Sony will fancy another year in the red.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

LOL April's fool joke this day!!!XD

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The poll means shit without knowing what they mean by successful. Is it most console sales? Best overall game quality? Most game sales? Biggest YoY Sales?

Wheres the context???

cgkc17 said:
The poll means shit without knowing what they mean by successful. Is it most console sales? Best overall game quality? Most game sales? Biggest YoY Sales?

Wheres the context???

If someone asks, "what will be the most successful platform in 2010", is it really that open to interpretation? Yes, there are many things it could mean, but "financially" and "units sold" are by far the most sensible. They would be the most important things to the platform holders, naturally. Accepting that some manufacturers will take a loss for future profit, that puts "units sold" as an obvious number one.

There's also the fact that most of the questions we have learned about so far in that survey were about sales.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
cgkc17 said:

Wheres the context???

If someone asks, "what will be the most successful platform in 2010", is it really that open to interpretation? Yes, there are many things it could mean, but "financially" and "units sold" are by far the most sensible. They would be the most important things to the platform holders, naturally. Accepting that some manufacturers will take a loss for future profit, that puts "units sold" as an obvious number one.

There's also the fact that most of the questions we have learned about so far in that survey were about sales.

Well thats the obvious interpretation, yes, but theres no way the PS3 could possibly be thought of as being the most successful using that interpretation. So are they a bunch of blind fanboys, or is there more to the poll than meets the eye?