By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii is in Trouble.

Stop poking fun at those who hate the Wii.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
jammy2211 said:
Demotruk said:
How many of these baiting threads will we have..? You can say it's a parody, but it's not like anything separates this so called parody from the real thing.

I would have been one of the first responders if it wasn't clear you were a Wii owner.

I think you'll find the thing that seperates this thread from baiting thread is that it's obviously a parody and not a baiting thread.

*facepalm*

It's baiting people into thinking it's real and responding as such. You could say that it's obviously a parody because the arguments made are so inane, but the same thing can be true of the real thing. It's Poe's Law applying in a different context.

No, it's clearly a parody thread and anyone with half a braincell would be able to tell that.

tarheel91 said

No no, look at an exponential function.  In the first 3 months, it's .2%.  In the next 3 months, it's 2%.  In the third three months, 20%!

@theprof: People tend to deal with depressing situations through humor.  All this BS about a joke thread is just people attempting to laugh the Wii's impending issues off.

OOh I see! I *do* know people who laugh about the wii.

Demotruk said:
jammy2211 said:

I think you'll find the thing that seperates this thread from baiting thread is that it's obviously a parody and not a baiting thread.

*facepalm*

It's baiting people into thinking it's real and responding as such. You could say that it's obviously a parody because the arguments made are so inane, but the same thing can be true of the real thing. It's Poe's Law applying in a different context.

If you find it problematic, the best thing to do would be to report it. if you don't think that would get results, you should report it directly to Naz.

jammy2211 said:
Demotruk said:
jammy2211 said:
Demotruk said:
How many of these baiting threads will we have..? You can say it's a parody, but it's not like anything separates this so called parody from the real thing.

I would have been one of the first responders if it wasn't clear you were a Wii owner.

*facepalm*

No, it's clearly a parody thread and anyone with half a braincell would be able to tell that.

mmm, it is a very well hidden parody.

Had I not been on these threads everyday, I wouldn't have known that all those points are BS. But then again, you are clearly ruining this for tarheel, because a joke thread is not successful unless a fish gets banned.

Around the Network
jammy2211 said:
CGI-Quality said:
jammy2211 said:
CGI-Quality said:
It's funny, for two straight gens, people claimed Nintendo was "doomed/domed", "on their way out" and such....

Haven't people learned, Nintendo continues to have the last laugh. They got their asses handed to them by Sony for two gens, while continuing to make money, and more money than Sony.

"Domed" eh....?

I think you'll find this thread proves Nintendo are doomed and on their way out.

Have you not seen how rapidly they're losing marketshare!?

You can't be serious. Losing marketshare? Do you REALLY think the PS3 or 360 can catch up? Seriously? For that to happen, Nintendo would have to literally stop selling units altogether, and even then it would take these two so long to catch Nintendo. Look at where they are, nearly 30 million units ahead of the 360 (nearly ALL of he PS3's entire userbase) and 34 million untis ahead of the PS3. To catch the Wii's numbers, these two have to pratically DOUBLE in userbase. Remember, that would also consist of the Wii STOPPING altogether.

Just. Isn't. Possible.

Nintendo lost 0.2% market share in the last three months.

That means in 740 months Nintendo will have 0% marketshare, it's definitely doomed.

i cant really tell if your joking... but i will say this...  0% marketshares is not possible to reach, even dropping 25% market at this point is not possible also, they sold way to much hardware

jammy2211 said:

If I am incorrect, point out one thing that could only have been said in parody and could not have been said by someone, who was simply an idiot. The OP is really a compilation of various dumb things that others have said into one post.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I blame Wii Fit.

Siko1989 said:
jammy2211 said:
CGI-Quality said:
jammy2211 said:
CGI-Quality said:
It's funny, for two straight gens, people claimed Nintendo was "doomed/domed", "on their way out" and such....

Haven't people learned, Nintendo continues to have the last laugh. They got their asses handed to them by Sony for two gens, while continuing to make money, and more money than Sony.

"Domed" eh....?

I think you'll find this thread proves Nintendo are doomed and on their way out.

Have you not seen how rapidly they're losing marketshare!?

You can't be serious. Losing marketshare? Do you REALLY think the PS3 or 360 can catch up? Seriously? For that to happen, Nintendo would have to literally stop selling units altogether, and even then it would take these two so long to catch Nintendo. Look at where they are, nearly 30 million units ahead of the 360 (nearly ALL of he PS3's entire userbase) and 34 million untis ahead of the PS3. To catch the Wii's numbers, these two have to pratically DOUBLE in userbase. Remember, that would also consist of the Wii STOPPING altogether.

Just. Isn't. Possible.

Nintendo lost 0.2% market share in the last three months.

That means in 740 months Nintendo will have 0% marketshare, it's definitely doomed.

i cant really tell if your joking... but i will say this...  0% marketshares is not possible to reach, even dropping 25% market at this point is not possible also, they sold way to much hardware

Not possible? Not possible you say? His argument is irrefutable.

In 61 years, the Wii will have 0% market share. I am convinced!!

You had me up until the 360 being off 1.4m. Nice one.