By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 has ALREADY made a Profit?! (Calculations INSIDE)!

2 years of "INTENSE" development (confirmed from square-enix)

lets be a bit high & say it cost 80 Million, right, now marketing in Japan only, lets add 10 million = 90 million

I dunno retailer percentages in japan in terms of how much money the publisher gets, lets assume S-E gets 60% of the $90 its costs

so they get $54 per copy sold

So its sold 1.8 million which means first shipment is finished, lets assume S-E has shipped 200K more so that it has 2 Million shipped now:

$54 x 2 Million = 108 Million

So its made a profit by those calculations, taking into account dev cost to be 80 Million WHICH IS A LOT

this isn't even counting the dough they made from FF13 POTIONS, merchandise & the overpriced PS3 FF13 bundles

I know MANY of you want it to fail as its not like FF 1 - 6 or 9 or whatever.....but its not going to fail guys

**all financial figures & retailer publisher cuts are basically speculation, so if you have hard figures let me know so that I can refine the calculations!

this has been made due to the VGchartz user naum & several people hoping it would fail/bomb/flop, thats impossible now as its already made money

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

alright so. heres the real deal. 10 million in advert is a jk. they did work on it be4 the 2 years,just not "intensely" and i doubt they get 60% its either 50% or 85-90

I doubt they made 54 dollars per sale

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Gearbox said:
alright so. heres the real deal. 10 million in advert is a jk. they did work on it be4 the 2 years,just not "intensely" and i doubt they get 60% its either 50% or 85-90 <- in america a dev gets 48 dollars off a 60 dollar game. not sure about japan

where is the real deal?

you said they get 50% or 85 - 90% of the each sales, thats a huge range

either that or I don't understand what your saying

48 dollars of 60 dollar game is 80% of each sale

if we apply this to FF13 S-E made 76.5 dollars of each sales

so making 153 Million = massive profit

I doubt they get 80% for each copy they ship, thats way too high!

This has either already made a profit or is pretty damn close. Either way when this releases in NA/EU, Square Enix will be making more than enough money. I don't think development cost them any more than 70 million dollars.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
leatherhat said:

I doubt they made 54 dollars per sale

from what i here is that people make 48 dollars per sale.

Don't forget they also make a lot of money with the soundtracks, figurines, wallscrolls. art books, strategy guides and other merchandise related to FFXIII.

kowenicki said:
it will obviously make a prrofit... im more concerned with how it plays though...

it will play like FF7 - 10 on steroids! lol

go in with an open mind & I'm sure you'll enjoy it

_________

@kennyheart

I know but FF13 cost $90 or $80 in japan!

Pfft, were gonna buck heads alot more in the comming weeks aren't we?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Pfft, were gonna buck heads alot more in the comming weeks aren't we?

ha!

wait till we play online co-op on WKC together, I'll betray you left right & centre & stop attacking bosses we fight leaving you to die, or I could refuse to give you a potion while your health is low!

oh & I will MAKE SURE my avatar character thingy looks like lightning, muwhahaha!