By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 and 360 Decisions Next Week

We know what Wii people will be buying next week...  Has something to do with a fairly popular character named Super Mario in a Galaxy thingy...  Some will pickup Need for Speed but make no mistake, Super Mario will do well in the US...

But, 360 and PS3 users have more complex decisions to make:

- Assasin's Creed

- Need for Speed - ProStreet

- Kane and Lynch

- Possibly WWE vs. RAW

- Possibly Beowulf

What are you going to buy if any of the 5?  Personally, I am getting Assasin's Creed, NFS, and Kane and Lynch... But, it will probably be the best multi-platform game week of the season.  Definately, the biggest variety of multi-platform games that will probably get at least an 8/10 rating.  Also, any predictions on which platforms will sell the most of each game and #'s...

Around the Network

Each of the 3 games will sell better on the 360, it's just userbase size.

I'm buying Creed, the others are meh. My roomie might buy Need For Speed though.

If i had the money id grab creed, buying COD 4 and mass effect first

possibly creed later on.

I have to save up for a LOT of games next year

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Out of those games, I'm only buying Assassin's Creed, with Mass Effect coming out the following week and already not having enough time to play CoD4, VF5, Halo 3, Orange Box, BioShock, and Madden as much as I would like to.

Montana: "Each of the 3 games will sell better on the 360"

That's a given. The question is will each of those games sell 2, 3, 4, or 5 times better on the 360 than PS3?

Assassin's Creed has been shown on the 360 this whole time, the PS3 version was totally out of public sight until recently. I think most owners of both consoles will pick up the 360 version for that reason, so it will do 4 times better on the 360.

Random guesses for the first week:
Kain and Lynch 3:1 for 360
NFS Prostreet 3.5:1 for 360

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

My friend is getting Mass Effect for sure, depending on the resolution I might get Assassins creed on PS3 (is COD4 1080? or was that just a rumor? ) if not my friend will get it for his 360, I'm doing Uncharted and Haze for ps3 this month.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Creed and Mass Effect are my choices. This month also includes Rock Band, which is pricy but hard to resist for GH fans who have always wanted to try drums.

My 360 can blog!

Gamers have 3 choices this generation: The Exercise Machine, the Movie Machine, or the Game Machine.  What kind of gamer are you?

Lego Star Wars, COD4, Creed, Mass Effect
all for 360.
hope there's nothing interesting in December for 360

I preordered Creed and Mass-Effect a few months back so it wouldn't be such a hit on my wallet all at once. I still haven't picked up GHIII, either, so I sort of want to grab that, too.

I will be buying none of these games, and if anyone is going to buy NFS i would tell you to play the demo first, the game is not even close to being an average game.

@ChronotriggerJM, CoD4 does support 1080p but that is not the native res, 720p is the last i heard.

i'm not intersted in any of those titles, and 360 will obviously sell more software since it has about dbl the user base.