By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much will Natal cost?

How much will Natal cost?

Under $100 21 55.26%

$100-$150 12 31.58%

$150-$200 0 0%

Over $200 5 13.16%

Total:38

I personally think Natal will be around $100-$150.

Your thoughts?

Around the Network

If they want it to be a success then it wil need to be around or under the $100/£80 mark.

Probably way too much. Guitar Hero costs around 140$ here and Wii Fit around 180$ so Natal will probably nudge the 200$ mark and effectively eliminate at least one potential purchase on that ground alone (mine).
This is expensive technology, it would be better suited to launch with the next x-box imo, and by then the prices would have come way down.

Less than 100$, maybe it will sold at loss but it's the only way the xbox 360 can enter in a new market, so they don't want it to fail.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

150$ with a minigame pack.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

They recently removed a chip and went for a software solution, so that'll cut costs too. I'd guess sub $100 for it to be mass market friendly.

$79.99

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Microsoft says they want it to launch between $50-$80.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/11/11/project.natal.price.ship.targets.slip.out/

$129.99 with a game pack.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

no under $50 option? I think it will launch at under $100 for sure. They would be stupid not too. You can't really compare it to their other peripherals because they do not care if those succeed, those are there to make money in and of themselves, natal can be sold at no or little profit and make up in increased software sales like a console can. Other peripherals dont have that avenue of further income down the road.