By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gilgamesh's Prediction Spectacular!

GreyianStorm said:
Gilgamesh said:
Hiko said:
I agree with your analysis.
3D might not have a huge effect, but don't forget that the FIFA World Cup will also be broadcasted in 3D. That might start up the engine.

Don't you need a new TV for that?

Yes, but I think he means that the World Cup being in 3D could push some 3DTVs, which might then benefit the PS3 when 3D gaming comes to the PS3.

Yes, that's what I meant. The World Cup is an extremly big event and being broadcasted in 3D will boost the 3D TV market (maybe). Then more movies and games will come out for the technologie and the PS3's Blu-Ray player is compatible with it.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
What are your predictions on Halo Reach :)

lol It'll sell 250 million!

But in all honesty if it released in the middle of 2010 I'd say it'll sell about 6 million by the end of the year. I don't see it passing Halo 3 though. They should of called Halo Reach, Halo 4 that would probably garuntee a couple million more sales.

Requirements to surpass Halo 3

Title of game as "Halo 4" (not happening)

Much improved graphics √

Master Chief back (maybe)

too high on PS3, too low on 360, too low on wii.

only one system seller exists on the PS3 now, that being Gran Turismo 5, which will sell at least 7 million copies by end of 2010. it's also far too early for a price cut, and it remains to be seen if the PS3 can sustain it's momentum after the holidays. i expect PS3 hardware to be around 13.5 million.

natal will have some sort of effect on 360 sales, since i'm sure it'll be put with some kind of bundle/price cut. the 360 is ripe for a cut, and could see it taking over the holiday season. i expect the 360 to get around 12.5 million.

wii.. well, there's no reason why it will suddenly undertrack itself, other than the other motion controllers coming out. i'm sure there's a giant game planned for the holiday season aside from zelda wii and mario galaxy 2. another wii sports+ type game? i expect wii sales to be at least 23 million.

bugrimmar said:
too high on PS3, too low on 360, too low on wii.

only one system seller exists on the PS3 now, that being Gran Turismo 5, which will sell at least 7 million copies by end of 2010. it's also far too early for a price cut, and it remains to be seen if the PS3 can sustain it's momentum after the holidays. i expect PS3 hardware to be around 13.5 million.

natal will have some sort of effect on 360 sales, since i'm sure it'll be put with some kind of bundle/price cut. the 360 is ripe for a cut, and could see it taking over the holiday season. i expect the 360 to get around 12.5 million.

wii.. well, there's no reason why it will suddenly undertrack itself, other than the other motion controllers coming out. i'm sure there's a giant game planned for the holiday season aside from zelda wii and mario galaxy 2. another wii sports+ type game? i expect wii sales to be at least 23 million.

Gran Turismo games are known for there legs, I doubt it'll sell 7 million in 2010, but it will get there. LTD sales should be a little over 10 million. And the PS3 is up big time from 2008, it's definitely going to be up in all of 2010, except for September to December, maybe it might not do as well as them months did in 2009.

I doubt the Natal bundle would have a price cut, there adding this new feature, it wouldn't surprise me if they raised the price on the model they release with Natal on it. Microsoft might cut the arcade by $50 (wouldn't be anymore then that if they did) and even if they did I see very little impact from it, If Natal is added to the Arcade I see it going up in price by about $50, $250. If it's added to the Elite then they'll likely leave the price as it is.

I'm thinking the Wii trains going to start slowing down, I believe that 2008 was it's peak year (24.6 million). There's no confirmations on a Zelda or new Mario Galaxy game coming out in 2010 so it's unsure to say anything about them now, the Wii got a lot of big games in 2009 though and yet it still sold less then it's previous year.