By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2009 is OVER - Predict LIFETIME Sales of Consoles & Handhelds

Possible i suppose. Just about on the outer fringes of likely though.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

LTD -

Wii - 150 million
360 - 73 million
PS3 - 70 million

My logic for why I put 360 slightly above PS3: Microsoft's stronghold remains the US, which is still the dominant gaming market. Sony's only major advantage is Japan, which is a relatively small market in the overall picture, and is declining. Europe is the wild card that may change this, but so far Sony does not have a big enough advantage there to overtake the 360 worldwide IMO.

Wii should reach 150 million at its current rate provided Nintendo doesn't under deliver on their games like in 2009 and keeps the momentum going with more motion plus and balance board games, as well as the vitality sensor. The vitality sensor is also a big wild card. If it flops, Wii should still reach a good 120 million but maybe not much beyond that. If it is a huge hit like Wii Fit, then Wii sales could skyrocket into the 160-180 million area. I don't really see it hitting 200 million unless Nintendo keeps a strong flow of games for the coming years, 3rd party support picks up, and Nintendo doesn't release a new console anytime soon.

Lifetime:

Wii: 189,283,975
PS3: 134,056,131
Xbox 360: 91,373,068

1 year from now:

Wii: 93,372,479
PS3: 51,402,785
Xbox 360: 50,263,957

I think this generation will reach its top Xmas 2011.

Wii 110million
PS3 100mil
X360 60mil

x360 and wii wont last long before next gen models come out but ps3 will wait a while before releasinng theirs

ps3 will reach 100mil and wii will slow down to max 110mil
x360 has already reached peak, not many will buy natal as its too late into its cycle and it would be better to implement for next gen.....

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

my life time prediction
DS 400 Million........................ Nah not really 200 million
Wii 150 million
ps3 57 million
360 50 Million
PSP 60 million

i might of been overconfident with my prediction lol

Around the Network

In regards to the console sales wars. We all agree the Wii will sell over 120 million sales ltd and remain the highest selling console for the entire generation. In regards to second place- all the PS3 fans believe the PS3 will eventually overtake the 360 in ltd sales. However us 360 fans are split on whether or not the 360 will remain in second spot or be overtaken by the PS3.

I believe that the PS3 will eventually overtake the 360 in ltd sales. Why? The PS3s longevity, all those big Sony franchises which could all be system sellers, PS3 has more price cuts up its sleeve, Playstation brand power will play a big role as well and Blu-Ray the new media format. Let's face it the PS3 is ahead of the 360 in aligned console sales from their respected launches by almost 5 million sales. 15% more PS3s were sold than 360s in the first 3 years from their launches

peachbuggy said:
For the PS3 to sell over 100m it will have to sell over 10m a year for the next 6 years. So you don't see it slowing down at all at any time in the next 6 years?

The ps3 was severely price handicapped up until September yet averaged about 10 million yearly up until then. Without a pricecut next fiscal what will Sonys projections be 14, 15 million?. With a pricecut 18, 19 million?.  We'l know in May.

totalcluedo said:
peachbuggy said:
For the PS3 to sell over 100m it will have to sell over 10m a year for the next 6 years. So you don't see it slowing down at all at any time in the next 6 years?

The ps3 was severely price handicapped up until September yet averaged about 10 million yearly up until then. Without a pricecut next fiscal what will Sonys projections be 14, 15 million?. With a pricecut 18, 19 million?.  We'l know in May.

Yes even more so for the next 3 years....in which they will sell 40mil and then 20mil in the final 3 years of the 6 years remaining

ESP since ps3 has not hit 199 sweet spot and when it does...then it will sell like pretty patties

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

Siko1989 said:
my life time prediction
DS 400 Million........................ Nah not really 200 million
Wii 150 million
ps3 57 million
360 50 Million
PSP 60 million

i might of been overconfident with my prediction lol

DS 400 Million?? you must love nintendo lol, just joking i think PS3 and PSP will do alot better than what you think

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

aher052 said:
totalcluedo said:
peachbuggy said:

Yes even more so for the next 3 years....in which they will sell 40mil and then 20mil in the final 3 years of the 6 years remaining

ESP since ps3 has not hit 199 sweet spot and when it does...then it will sell like pretty patties

PS3 will definately reach 100m it has already done 32m in just 3 years (nearly) so it is definately possible, things will go crazy when it is 199.99

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1