By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official God of War III Thread - In the end, there will only be chaos !

^^
Get hyped..but I'm not gonna watch it..lol...

Around the Network

PSM3 God of War 3 Review (originally written in French):

here comes the translation Resume of page 1 & 2 : At the end, there will be only chaos. There will be nothing at the end, but ruins, sound of fear, a devastated world, because of the vengeance of a god. Meanwhile, there will be only tears of happiness of a simple gamer after having spent 12 hours of the most intense experience of his life. God of War III has exceeded our expectation. Each moment, each scene was created to make each second of the game epic. If the perfectness does exist, then Santa Monica must have called the divine for help to make GoW3. Detail! We can see every little detail in Kratos model and animation. You can clearly see the pore of his skin. Technically, the smoothness of the game, the dynamic lighting effect and the overpowered texture will blow your mind. Right after the introduction of the game, you might be petrified straight away when you first encounter the gorgon medusa. Forget about the E3 demo as you will feel pity for it. Forget everything you know about GoW3 until now. As a matter of fact, even Nathan Drake might get wobbled by this god of war, Kratos, built with all the power of PS3. The titans, while climbing up the mount Olympus, a giant monster, known as leviathan, a mixture of house and crab, showed up under a command of the god Poseidon. The combat is extremely violent and held on Gaia's arm. Depending on the phase, the combat will be in both horizontal and vertical perspectives, giving you big moments of fun. Then, everything comes together like a waking dream, the rhythm is frantic and each sequence is diverse and original at the same time. To describe such thing, we can just talk about the perspective of the "Echochrome" gameplay, the music of the "Organ Hero", the ride in "Shadow of the Colossus", the pursuit mini games of "Assassin's Creed", the puzzles of the "Portal", and a trip in "ICO" style. The boss battles are all epic. When it comes to the finishing move, we say "No, this is not possible" and yet it is. ******* To be continued! PS: no spoiler here. Resume page 3: Note: A lot of spoilers in this page. BUT god! You can't believe what I read! The game is gonna be EPIC! Scorpion king: At first I asked myself why those scorpion babies attacking me. I only realize that when their big daddy shows up. Play as a god: GoW3 is not only the biggest game from a technical standpoint, but also a game with rich gameplay elements. Indeed, the gameplay mechanism is intact and the enemies are before-seen, but Gosh, it feels great to kick their butts with all simplicity. The special attack of each weapon makes a lot of damages. The use of Blade of Olympus (in God Mode, the blade is in black and white) enhances the sensation of the gameplay. Everything is well thought, including the camera view and motion blur effect. The QTEs (Quick Time Event) are ultra violent and well displayed to fit with the controller scheme. Twenty gods: Above all this, more to discover in GoW3: - swim deep down in River Styx, - free fall to the underworld, - fight inside the titans (OH MY GOD, we gotta see the intestines of the titans), - run for life from a ruined temple… Each confrontation in the game is to give us new gameplay and new challenge. The puzzles are dynamic and original. There is no moment of let down. The game will hold you still. Once Kratos got the Era’s cup, he will be using it in most puzzle solving The Pandora box is the centre of the game. You will be on a mission to retrieve it. The reunion with the young Pandora is among the biggest moments of the game. You will confront Poseidon, Helios, Hades, Hercules, Hermes, Cronos, Zeus and even Gaia (FTW!!!) and …. The gore and violence make GoW3 magnificent! It’s an apocalypse: the world is constantly changing as Kratos releases his evilness and eliminates gods. Water covers the land, the liberated souls wander aimlessly, the swarms of flies buzz in your ears, the typhoon carries away the sun, and the smoke from the pyre that Kratos left behind him. For the love of god: GoW3, besides its epic scale, splendour, fury of vengeance, it pushes the limits of what we have known to date. It gives us a huge emotional dimension with many top notch moments, comparable to Hideo Kojima best art. It draws all its power to match the best of everything: cultural references and cinematic video game. GoW3 takes you to where you always dream of. The end is sublime in the eye of a simple player, the tears of joy start falling, and they just don’t stop.

Source: http://forums.godofwar.com/t5/God-of-War-III-Discussion/PSM3-REVIEW-SCANS/td-p/27515;jsessionid=AA37DD207331A2C42BE3787E0C61B3B7

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

confession: i only started playing GoW last friday.

but i friggin love it. im about to face the Minotaur *cries*

and im superhyped for III.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

SPOILERS

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/02/25/god-of-war-iii-trophies/

trophies list apparently

read at your own risks ...

Time to Work !

Kantor if you get the review code, then i'll knocking your door by the time you're getting it, you are lucky bastard for being part of the review team...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network
trashleg said:
confession: i only started playing GoW last friday.

but i friggin love it. im about to face the Minotaur *cries*

and im superhyped for III.

What minataur ? The first minataur battle or later on in the game ?

the badass mofo minotaur, i beat it on my 2nd try XD

im trying to get the necklace of Aphrodite atm. grr stupid spikes ;___;

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Why does Gametrailers say the new gameplay will be shown at 12 AM Thursday when they actually mean 12 AM Friday?

They did the same thing with the trailer. It's annoying.

Wow preorders for GOW3 in americas has reached 390k with 4 weeks to go.
What do you guys think the final preorders will be?

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

trashleg said:
the badass mofo minotaur, i beat it on my 2nd try XD

im trying to get the necklace of Aphrodite atm. grr stupid spikes ;___;

Good job !

I love the music of that level...