By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Epic Mickey 2.5M LTD?

twesterm said:
Mummelmann said:

Its Warren Spector!! Don't you get anything?!

Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact everything about that game looks terrible.

Hell, even Miyamoto made Wii Music and Romero made Diakatana.

Twesterm? Twesterm! Omae wa mo shinderu.

I MEAN

Listen, you know that your own proclivities aren't necessarily reflective of the majority, right? You really want to know what looks good about it? I can keep it short.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Mummelmann said:
twesterm said:
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the big idea is about that game. Everything about it looks bad and generic.

The concept art they showed was interesting I guess, but I have no idea why people flipped over it. Still though, some people like certain things, so it's cool that they get excited about it.

And then they released those screenshots.

Those screenshots almost made Cruise'n look good. Why again are people so excited about this?

Its Warren Spector!! Don't you get anything?!

Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact everything about that game looks terrible.

Hell, even Miyamoto made Wii Music and Romero made Diakatana.

Wii music looks like it will sell 3 million regardless of the fact that general consensus around here seems to be that it sucks.  don't know the sales numbers for daikatana. 

Easily. This is Mickey we're talking here. He is comparable to Mario and Ronald McDonald in terms of icons (at least in America). I think this game could easily pull off 4 million if marketed correctly and enough effort put into the game.

kingofwale said:

how many Wii owners have heard of Warren Spector??

and frankly, how many Wii owners have seen that Mickey design?

I see no reason why this game will push 2 million, breaking a million would be a good win for a third party new IP.

Wii owners don't need to have heard of Warren Spector. That's what Mickey Mouse is for, Warren Spector is there to make sure the people that are drawn (by Mickey Mouse and the avalanche of advertising) in end up enjoying it (+word of mouth). As for the art style, it may or may not be a hit with Wii owners, but I think people will be fine with it.

If it only sells a million, I imagine they'd be disappointed, if you consider what Warren Spector said Disney's aim for the game was...

As for all devs capable of making poor games, sure they all do, though I don't see why I shouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt (what was his last poor game?). The in-game screenshots do look plain, but they have plenty of time to flesh it out.

Honestly, comparing this game to something like The Conduit (which I've always been skeptical of) is a joke. All The Conduit had going for it was the game engine (which... isn't saying much). Epic Mickey features freakin Mickey Mouse (who's known by virtually everyone), and a proven developer to keep it from sucking (Conduit failed here).

it will sell a lot on the family audience and core gamer audience on Wii, so i think it will do great

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

2.5 million might be a bit much but I think it will sell comfortably over a million just with the Mickey Mouse name on it. How popular is Mickey over in Japan?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

A few years ago, many people on VGC predicted that Mario & Sonic Olympics would barely sell 2 million: no chance in hell, never gonna be a massive success, etc, etc... look what happened...

Now, i don't say that this game will have the same fate: it will depend on its quality, and the attention it'll get... not on gaming websites, but in the most popular medias: TV, general press...

If the game's good, and i mean "90+ good" and AAA status and so on, it will sell like madness, and will do between 2 and 5 millions, easily... otherwise, if it's "just" good (80+ and many good critics anyway), it will be a niche success, and will sell between 1 and 2 million...

If it's average or bad, then there's no point talking about its future success... but i don't think that will happen when the game's creator usually has a lot of talent and also says that Zelda and Okami were his main influences here... :)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

I think that the game will overshoot it's audience, if it will end as a typical "A Warren Spector Game" but with Mickey Mouse, than it will be too complicated for pepole who are naturaly drawn to Mickey Mouse, and a lot of the pepole who like his games will not play the game because of the image of MM.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

it'll sell 2.5 million if they treat it like a game that will sell 2.5 million. If it really is an epic game with an appropriate large marketing campaign absolutely. This is the type of game that absolutely has a market on the wii if people are aware of it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

This game will sell very well.

There was huge hype around this title a couple of months ago when Spector began leaking details out about it. Expect the same to be the case in the lead up to its release.