By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official ALAN WAKE Thread

Picked it up, along with RDR...I HAD to load up AW quick, and it looks and feels amazing. The graphics are the best I've seen on the 360, and the animation is spot on, which for certian games is usually off, at least on the 360 so far. I've got to wait until I get back home off travel to play, since the wife wants to turn it into a social event...oh well RDR gets crack at my time right now, but AW and I will kick it off next week. I've read some reviews, saying things like, this game should have been released 2 years ago...it's so comical, it's not even funny...this game looks as good as anything I've seen thus far, so saying it should have been release 2 years ago makes ZERO sense...oh well...some people always seem to have an agenda.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
The game is FAR scarier and better than I thought it would be! I encourage all those on the fence to please pick this one up!

Absolutely this.  I'm only through the first two chapters so far, but the atmosphere in this game is bettter than any I've played since the first Bioshock, and possibly even since before that...

I started to play yesterday evening, in the dark, headset on... I almost sh*t my pants :)

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Got the limited edition and I'm in Episode Three. Very cool game, glad I bought it.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

I just got through the first episode needed to take a break to eat. Graphics are good and so far i like it alot. Only complaint so far was at the beginning of chapter 2 it started out as "previously on alan wake" i was like WTF this isnt a tv series. but other than that its good. it is worth a play thats for sure.

Around the Network

Got it. On Episode 4 already but I literally played for almost ten hours non-stop. Even with exploring a ton I still missed out on some of the manuscripts and coffee therms. gah.

So far out of all the games I played this year, this just trails Mass Effect 2. But It's certainly the best I could have hoped from Remedy.

It's just that simple.

Finished the game on launch date. The game is amazing. It isn't perfect but it is equal in epicness to Uncharted 1. Judging by the ending it looks like they're is going to be more of Alan Wake!

Can't wait to play the first free DLC :)

Nizut76 said:
I just got through the first episode needed to take a break to eat. Graphics are good and so far i like it alot. Only complaint so far was at the beginning of chapter 2 it started out as "previously on alan wake" i was like WTF this isnt a tv series. but other than that its good. it is worth a play thats for sure.

It is set out like a TV series. A new novel way to tell the story.

I played through the first episode last night and I am really impressed so far. The atmosphere is fantastic (It's creepy and has created some decent tension so far), the graphics are great with very nice effects, the story is intriguing, and the game plays is good. My only minor gripe with it is some poor lip synching and mouth animations on speaking characters, but it doesn't detract from the overall experience of the game. If you haven't picked this up and are fan of survival horror or story driven games, I would definitely give it a play.

I think, without a doubt that AW 2 will be out in 2 years, and it is probably going to end up being the best looking game on the 360, as the console closes out it career!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder