By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is there a way to save my data just incase my ps3 does break?

Gearbox said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
adriane23 said:
Vanbierk said:
Dudes...there's a backup utility right in the Ps3 XMB....Hook up an external larger than your PS3 internal drive, and just back it up regularly, you'll be fine if you do that....if your Ps3 ever crashes, there's a restore utility as well to bring all the data back

Good day

I said Good Day

Cosign. And you can re-download purchaed games and add-ons up to 5 times.

that's incorrect, you can download the game as many times as you like, but you can only have the game activated on 5 PS3's, after that the game you try to download on the 6th PS3 won't work untill you de-active one of the PS3's

so does that mean i can buy a game split the price with 4 friends, then put it on all our consoles? :P

Yes you can do that, but in turn you are limiting yourself to only one copy (make sure you remove your psn account off their ps3 afterwards for security reasons), plus, don't go broadcasting it, Sony would not like this and could end up only allowing 1 download for us all...

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Use the backup utility. Although note that while it backs up your games, if your PS3 bricks and you get a new one the backup won't restore the games - you'll need to re-download them. However game saves, trophies, music, etc. should all restore fine.

Another option is to ignore the games and just copy music, etc. directly to an external drive and copy your save games. That works fine too.

So yes, you can save your data.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

buy an External HDD plug it in, go to settings , then to back up, and press X.
it will take about 5-10 hours (mine toke 10 hours but i had used about 150 GB or so)

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.