By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Upcoming M-Rated Golden Axe - exclusive or not?

When i first heard that they were going to remake this game it was said to be a PS3 exclusive, then a month ago i heard 360 exclusive, then about two weeks ago i heard PS3/360. Its going to be a budget title anyways, not alot of support for these types of games.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
No multiplayer? Both other characters removed? Well that killed my interest in this completely... Co-op is what made the original Golden Axe so great. I hate when developers use an established franchise name to sell a new game that has absolutely nothing to do with the style of the original. Screw you Sega. Stop killing every good thing you did in the 90s.

100% Agree, I honestly don't see the point on this type of games if they don't have co-op...

I really miss them; just because God of War sold well doesn't mean people don't want co-op on their games!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/YUK04.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"

I agree, if it's not co-op, it's not Golden Axe. I would accept an updating of Co-op (like online 1st person perspective) but this is Golden Axe in name and image only. Feels like false advertising.

I don't mind the GoW gameplay... It makes sense for a new Golden Axe game.

But no co-op? C'mon now. Go **** yourself, Sega.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wow, no one excited except me. Multiplayer would have been great, but damn I still think this game will develop into something very cool.

Guess we will have to wait on some more gameplay footage to see.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network

long time Golden Axe fans are pissed at them robbing it of co-op and the other characters. This seems like Heavenly Sword Lite to me.

friedtofu said:

Hey Nazna, dont be so quick to screw Sega. Looks like they are putting some good work into this game.

I agree, the original Golden Axe had its multiplayer charm, but has that type of game really flourished lately? Sadly it seems to be a dying breed. Im thinking the likes of Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, even Ninja Turtles (which went solo and seemed to be the best candidate for multi). The last game I played along those lines was Gauntlet on PS2, which was good fun but nothing spectacular.

I guess the genre is dead...and probably could use a revival in next-gen form.

Weren't people excited about Castle Crashers on Live?  I'm sure people still are.  And how about Little Big Planet?

The genre isn't dead...or dying.  It's just under-supported.  It needs to be brought up to date with features and online play.  That's what this game could have been about.

Instead it sounds like generic trash.  Not Golden Axe.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

These game companies are total idiots. If this game had co-op so many more people would buy it.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick