By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 00's, the Decade of Easier Games (Wall of Text)

Man, fuck that. CS 1.3 for life!

But seriously, I think, or hope, there's room for both types of games. While one game may give tons of fun when playing with friends (due to accessibility allowing more people to enjoy it), the older competitive games allowed for more fun when they weren't available. Keep in mind, some of us don't always have friends available when we want to game. I can't hop on and play Modern Warfare 2 nowadays without getting pissed off after some lame deaths, and longing for the CS days.

Well, even when friends are around, there aren't nearly enough games to play. Nintendo is great for local play as always, but everyone else prioritizes online multiplayer (Modern Warfare 2). Halo 3 is more like the exception, it's like the only shooter with 4p split screen online! I hope for more local multiplayer next decade, "easy" games with online focus aren't my thing!
*back to playing Castle Crashers*

Around the Network

Actually a very good post. Hard to see where this came from but I'll take it haha. This elitist idea in gaming isnt that exclusive as it is done with music, politics, movies, etc. Seems to be more of a human quality of always trying to play the "superior/inferior" game. Unfortunately for them it is a really bad argument.

But yea gaming has been and always will be about having fun and really there is nothing more fun in gaming than having a bunch of close friends over and playing something together. However I see fun in the competitive sides but really without the social interaction it just becomes rude and disrespectful and ultimately ugly rather than fun.

Guess people in their own rage to try and say who the gamers are they forget what gaming really is... and that'a a form of entertainment that you are supposed to enjoy immersing yourself in.

I have to disagree to some extent.

A part of many games being fun is the competition aspect of it, but we've reached a point where some games are so dumbed down that they're programmed to make you lose, even if you're a far better player, in the name of "inclusion".

Noob-tomping isn't fun, but getting noob-stomped is one of my favorite things about gaming, because I learn how to get better. Males are especially hardwired to be competitive, to seek out challenge and conquer it, so why the fuck would I want easier games in the name of fun, when I have fun being challenged?

It's almost like this generation of gamers no one cares about getting to the next level, all they care about is beating the entire game. I remember when getting to the next level was a huge accomplishment, it's what's driven me to beat dozens of games.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Halo made FPS more accessible to more people, meaning more of your friends could play without feeling like they'll always die. At the end of the day, it's more fun to play with some friends.

It's like wow... everyone can play it and have a good time. (A big feature of WoW is that it can run on any computer).

People still play counter strike and quake 3 though.

Great post.
If there is one thing that bothers me the most about gaming in the last 5 years, it is the near death of great music composition. Going through SupraDarky's best VGM (Video Game Music) list on Youtube really upsets me. I just wonder what gaming will lose next because of the stagnant funk that its in. There are exceptions to every rule, but when you juxtapose the eras of gaming before to what we have now, its pitiful.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."