By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - High School Musical vrs Boogie (Wii) - which one is better?

dschumm said:
I purchased Boogie for my wife despite the bad review. Horrifing . Simple awful.

We were prebared for a bad cheezy game, but it was just broken in the way only EA can break a game. It was annoying seeing all the pieces of a game executed so poorly. Glitchy interfaces and all.

The dance portion was unplayable as you just tilted the Wiimote back and forth like a metranome. This doesn't seem like a bad thing, but it always the same and never matches the songs so instead of being immersive and making you want to dance along with it you just sit on the couch and rock you hand.

The singing portion is pretty broken as well as has been covered in the reviews, and the songlist isn't great full of remakes so you wont be able to follow songs from memory.

We traded it in and bought DDR which is much better. Not great and is missing the ability to add songs via the sd card(an option which would make it a killer app IMO). Frankly the rhythym portion of Rayman made us dance far more than Boogie.

I don't know anything about HSM but it is better than Boogie, without question.

Thanks - that is what I want to hear.

Ultimately, a singing game needs a WORKING component of the game that can judge the quality of the singing (to some degree). Without this - its worthless, and it seems to be that is what Boogie is - completely broken.

If only HSM had the visuals/polish from Boogie, it might actually be a half decent game :P

I'll try and rent HSM - otherwise buy, and return if we hate it.

cheers! ;) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Owning anything with the words "High School Musical" on it causes testicular cancer in nearly 101% of male owners, Shams.

Just thought you should know that.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

For songlist, Boogie actually has the best from any EA game (i hate rock and prefer pop). But i played it and it got boring after a couple of turns, it is just pointless and i am not insane to try HSM.