By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers CoD4 review

Both the PS3 and 360 versions have scored a 9.4 in IGN ....guess that Infinity Ward isnt incompetent EA(Tiburon) and know how to make a PS3 game .

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Both the PS3 and 360 versions have scored a 9.4 in IGN ....guess that Infinity Ward isnt incompetent EA(Tiburon) and know how to make a PS3 game .

Ohh they explained it in a past interview - "we programmed it"

Buying it tommorow morning.

buying this tomorrow night cant wait

now AC and mass effect, im broke!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

hey wow, so it isn't a WW2 shooter!

interest level++

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Meh, I was going to pick it up for PC until they said it had a 5 hour campaign. It really just bothers me how little time devs spend on single-player anymore. I'll probably pick it up when it hits budget price someday, but that's just too low of a value for me.

Around the Network

I agree with naznatips. Seems like an awesome game, but not at full price. I'll pick it up for PC in a year or two. I have plenty to keep me busy til then.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Oh man that review was horrible. Let me list just some of their complaints that I remember:

The game is 5 hours, the multiplayer has only 6 game modes and no vehicles, there is no CTF, the game has no cover system, only basic duck and move controls, and the game has awful AI.

Even with ALL that, they gave the game a 9.4. That bothers me. Scores should match the content of the review. Well, at least I know from all the complaints in the review that I don't want it now.

It seems a short campaign only matters when it is HS or other PS3 exclusive game ....Halo 3 and COD4 have quite short campaigns and dont get any point less for it .

Well, in their defense Halo 3 and CoD4 also have multiplayer which Heavenly Sword doesn't, but I agree that even multiplayer games should have at least 10 hours of single-player (Halo 3 does actually have 10 hours) unless they are fighters or have a whole lot of replayability. Personally, I look for at least 10 hours in my multi-player games and at least 15 hours in my single-player games. Again, there are exceptions, but that's my general standard.

Diomedes1976 said:
It seems a short campaign only matters when it is HS or other PS3 exclusive game ....Halo 3 and COD4 have quite short campaigns and dont get any point less for it .

The idea is that multiplayer makes it all better. Which is bullshit if you're only there for the single-player to begin with.