By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So where is MAG going to fit into the puzzle?

With established franchises such as CoD and Battlefield Bad Company 2 having new releases, where does a game like MAG fit in?  It's going to be online only with no single player option, so that will certainly keep some people from buying it.  However, I'm sure there are plenty of people looking for something fresh and who wouldn't want to at least check out 256 person matches?  I can't decide if I think this game is going to be incredible and surprise a lot of people or if it's going to just fade away while we all ponder what could have been.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

It's going to be huge for the first few weeks, be big the following months continuing to dwindle down, and then die when the next big game comes out.

This is why I'm nervous about MAG. Nobody seems to care.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

It'll live or die on the impressions of the first week as its a multiplayer centric game. These games live or die on the momentum they've got.

Edit: Whilst it would probably do better on the 360 and have more of a chance on that platform the reason why it exists is probably to counter the fact that the Xbox 360 has the advantage in this most important genre.

Tease.

needs huge advertising and amazing reviews

Around the Network

The game has had a fair amount of pre orders from America alone, I think this game will surprise people

Online play thats where.

It needs massive advertisement... and I haven't really seen any. IMO, this is the game Sony is relying on to begin penetration into the American market again, but they are doing a poor job at managing the advertisement for it. Personally, I look forward to it because it looks fresh and new, but I am worried about its reception and sales without SCEA backing it up heavily.

FPSs are the biggest in America.....its shooter heaven here. The PS3 hasn't done that well here, so I dont see Sony getting a huge win from this. Sure, it will move some HW, but Sony is really making a mistake by putting the game out in Jan, worst month of the year. Jan needs Sony's B & C grade titles.