By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Recent Gaming Dissapointments.

Maybe last november isn't exactly recent, but as the anniversary comes around, I have come to realize that the Wii, no matter how popular it is, is not what I waited 8 hours for last November 19th.  In all honesty, has anyone here felt the same?  I have essentially enjoyed a grand total of 4 games on my wii.  6 if you count the Gamecube games i played on it.

Loz:TP

MP3

The Godfather, [actually pretty awesome]

and a combination of elebits, DBZ, Tony hawk, and Mario party.  None of which were actually worth buying.

The wii has really just come to dissapoint me in a few major ways.  It has delivered close to no good games!  I have been playing my 360 that I bought this summer more than I played my wii...

Predictions for 2008, I'll leave 'em untouched all year.

Being a little hopeful on the PS3 and a little pessemistic on the 360

Wii:     32mil                                           DS:      82mil

PS3:    16mil                                           PSP:    42mil

360:    24mil

Around the Network

the first 3 you listed are in my opinion excellent games. Do you actually enjoy games at all?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

My god, you've just described exactly how I feel, down to the very last detail.

Except I flew to Alaska to get my Wii.

I got Scarface instead of The Godfather though.

The drought on Wii have just ended (or at least soon will end), search around a bit and there's plenty of good games as long as you don't stick to particular genres. There are currently more of a breadth than depth, and all the trash came out clearly during the drought.

Edit: If anything, some of us get these too early for our own good, o woe is the early adapter. 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Neos, he IS saying that he played those games. i guess he also enjoyed them.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Edit: I'm an idiot who should read the OP.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

By all means, I enjoyed the ones I listed thoroughly, MP3 is one of the greatest games I have ever played, but it's been a year, I expected more than three good games.

Predictions for 2008, I'll leave 'em untouched all year.

Being a little hopeful on the PS3 and a little pessemistic on the 360

Wii:     32mil                                           DS:      82mil

PS3:    16mil                                           PSP:    42mil

360:    24mil

saith17 said:
By all means, I enjoyed the ones I listed thoroughly, MP3 is one of the greatest games I have ever played, but it's been a year, I expected more than three good games.

So why haven't you gotten Zack & Wiki and RE4 Wii?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

nevermind.

saith17 said:
True, but game takes time, good game takes more time, and game development start after the console have been released will take even more time. I recommend play some free PC or whatever you find that's legal until more games come out... If this was a month ago.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA