By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who cares about SMG sales? I'm miore interested in Wii TP sales

not even trying to start a flame war here or nothing so lets keep it serious but we know ninty always does well with their titles and all year i've been looking at Q4 release schedule and I think this is a very important time for the Wii and it's future regarding Third Party support.

Dont get me wrong but it would be nice for SMG to do well in Japan but 130,000 first day is not that upsetting to me compard to 6,000 first week Zak and Wiki sales, then for the pre sales data for w/e 4th November it's not mentioned at all when Ghost Squad is at 11,000 (that tells me it's sold less than that) thats really not good, so Japan are saying to third parties just give us ports of old arcade games, other ported games and we will buy these more than original IP's with whole new concepts.

This Xmas with games like Zak and Wiki, Nights, No More Heroes, REUC, MOH2, Mario and Sonic - anyone else think this is a major time that'll decide what level of third party quality the Wii will get next year?

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

Ah, ok TP means Third Party. First I thought "he a little late for Twilight Princess".

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

i thought the same ElRhodeo.
I was very dissapointed with Zack and Wiki too, i really hope it picks up....as for No More Heroes, i didn't think that is out till next year?

No More Heroes will be coming out for Japan this year

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA