By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shadow Complex: should I get it?

if you like the old-school style of metroid then of course, you should get Shadow Complex. Its on sale now so its a good time to get it.

Around the Network

I know people think I should get it, but why should I get it? What's so good about it?

Chrizum said:
I know people think I should get it, but why should I get it? What's so good about it?

Same thing thats good about metroid.

You wont stop till you have 100% of the items and most of the map uncovered. Its a little easy to be honest but you will still scratch your head a few time about how you are going to pass through certain parts. It works the same way as metroid of SOTN where you can't access parts of the game until you get double jump or rockets...etc.

Oh an its 10 bucks...this week only.

Ignore my comment if you want, seeing as how i havent played the game, but it likes and feels like Super Metroid (and in that extent, most post SOTN Castlevania games), but with a "hardcore" setting. Based on my limited knowledge about the game, my sig seems to represent it just fine. But for 800 MS points (what is that like $10?) you might as well see what all the fuss is about.

Get it. You'll like it.

The gameplay is excellent. For $10, you cannot go wrong. It is very similar to SOTN and Super Metroid when it comes to exploration, getting new abilities, and using them to do some insane things.

Once you get into the game (e.g. after your first playthrough), you will be utterly destroying the game, looking for new exploits to get better gear before you really should - I know there were a few situations I was in to where I wormed my way into an area that I shouldn't have been in for a very long time (thank you foam gun!)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Thanks guys. I think I'll get it later this week. I'm currently almost done beating Super Metroid again, and I'm already craving for more. I hope Shadow Complex can fill that gap.

That's what she said.

This should pretty much cover it:

This should pretty much cover it:

Truth does not fear investigation