By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN UK Reviews Bayonetta: 9.6/10

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1057055p1.html

"Bayonetta flies so astonishingly close to perfection. While in essence it’s cast from the same mould as Devil May Cry and the games that followed in its wake, Platinum Games have flourished that template with an imagination that’s impossible not to be charmed by, with Bayonetta’s first five hours enthralling and its latter seven absolutely mesmeric. Indeed, such is the mastery on display here that it’s not Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden or God of War that’s the best point of reference but Super Mario Galaxy, and not just because of that game’s shared taste for turning the world on its head – no other title has astounded us with such a steady stream of escalating wonders. Bayonetta, consider us bewitched."

IGN UK Ratings for Bayonetta (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
Bayonetta's loading screen itself is a marvel, prepping players with a training arena that's almost as fun as the game itself.
9.0 Graphics
A cacophony of colour, Bayonetta comes perilously close to being complete sensual overload - and can sometimes prove a little too much for the 360 to handle.
9.5 Sound
It's got Magical Sound Shower in it.
10 Gameplay
Bayonetta is a giddy joy to play, its combat fluid, rewarding and deep and its campaign throwing a cavalcade of challenges to the player.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
Online leaderboards provide a longterm pull, and the game itself doesn't reveal its true genius until subsequent playthroughs.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Around the Network

Yup, this game is just amazing. I can't wait for it to come out.

Platinum Games! WOO!

Pixel Art can be fun.

Hope the PS3 version is improved.

Just a few more weeks until I get my hands on her. Will hopefully keep me occupied until Samus arrives.

Around the Network

I've never heard of this game until now, that reviewer sure did like it. He called it the best action game he has ever played. Looks like another purchase.

You could tell how stylized this game was from the demo. I hope this game sells well.. it seems like it's getting good reviews everywhere.

8.2/10 for the PS3 version.

CHRONO TRIGGER IS GOTY 2009...N_O_W _ B_E_L_I_E_V_E Yeah, let's be clever sometimes !

Awesome, this just makes me want it more, lol.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

PS3 ver should be around 9.3